Risk Control Internship - Commercial Insurance Keene, NH
Gain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as claims, finance, sales/service, underwriting and/or IT). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
Risk Control consultants embody Liberty Mutual's mission of "helping people live safer, more secure lives." In this proactive role, you'll spend much of your time with customers at their offices and operations, applying your skills in safety, engineering, math, science or business to help clients analyze and control their risk of insured losses. To help you do your job better, you'll also have access to the original research and analytic tools of Liberty Mutual's renowned Research Institute for Safety.
- Satisfactory completion of Liberty's Loss Control Role Orientation training module
- Assist with research and development of draft loss control support resources
- Apply loss control problem solving by participating in: risk assessments, system analysis, recommending solutions, and performance measures related to customer service requests
- Assist field consultants with preparation work prior to job shadow field visits
- Participate on job shadow loss control visits to customer locations
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in occupational safety, engineering or a related field
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct extensive research, evaluation, and analysis
- Ability to work independently on projects with limited supervision
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
Salary Range: $15.50-$18.50/hour
Please apply via this direct link: https://lmig.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=615891
There's nothing more satisfying than knowing youve made a difference in the life of another. When you work at Liberty Mutual Insurance, thats exactly what youll do. Since 1912, our purpose has been to help people live safer, more secure lives and you can help us make that happen with your drive, commitment and passion. For all your hard work, youll be rewarded with unlimited opportunities to grow professionally and a culture that pays for performance and promotes from within.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is a Fortune 100 company comprised of four strategic business units with corporate operations headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Academic and Career Advising offers no guarantees about any position posted through this web site and is not responsible for any aspect of resulting employment. Listings on this page do not constitute Keene State College endorsement or affiliation. Students are responsible for gathering all necessary information about the position and the employer.
Local, regional, and national companies and organizations as well as private families wish to recruit you for various openings. These range from part-time positions for pay while you are in school; summer jobs for either experience or pay; internships related to your field of study (paid and unpaid; as well as career opportunities when you are ready to graduate.
Contact Academic and Career Advising
Academic and Career Advising Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435