Skip Navigation

Financing Graduate School

Try these suggestions to help you finance your advanced degree.

  • Contact your graduate program office; it will be your best source of information about funds available.
  • Complete the required Free Application for Federal Student Aid. A paper copy is available from the Student Financial Management Office or you can complete the application online.
  • Apply for teaching and research assistantships.
  • Research and apply for foundation/association fellowships and for grants for special purposes.
  • Inquire about programs that waive out-of-state fees.
  • Check to see if your employer will pay for all or part of your graduate education. Local organizations and families may provide scholarships.
  • Perkins Loans and college work-study may be available through your graduate school; Stafford Loans may be available through your bank.
  • Consider special living arrangements that may cover housing, utilities, food, tuition remission, and/or a stipend. These would include working in university residence halls, private schools, group homes or for private families.
  • Check the deferment policies for your undergraduate loans and investigate employment with loan forgiveness policies.

Contact Academic and Career Advising

Academic and Career Advising Office
Elliot Center
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435