Eligible students may request their textbooks in alternative formats by filling out the Alternative Text Request Form.
Alternative Text Request Deadlines:
|Textbooks for:||Request Deadline|
|Fall Semester||July 15th|
|Spring Semester||November 15th|
Students can check the following FREE resources to obtain alternative text formats on their own without having to go through ODS:
- Bookshare.org - An accessible online library for people with print disabilities. Free membership for qualified students.
- Audiobooks, Keene State Library, Keene Public Library
- Amazon.com - Audio and E-books
You can make your own digital copy of a school related publication or book. Make an appointment to use our "Alternative Text Station" in the ODS computer lab.
At our Alternative Text Station you can:
- Scan pages yourself using our scanner
- Convert PDF’s to Word documents for easier use
- Use any of our specialized software
Obtaining Print Materials in Alternative Formats
Office of Disability Services
229 Main Street
Keene, NH 03435-2609