Reach Out Today
The best ways to access The Wellness Center’s Counseling Services during our office hours Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:30 pm are:
- Call the office – 603-358-2437
- Come to the office. We are located on the 3rd Floor of Elliot Center
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that confidentiality cannot be assured through email and our staff does not maintain 24-hour access)
- Emergency/Crisis Info
If you, or another student you know, are experiencing an emergency situation, a variety of options are available.
Immediately Life Threatening Emergencies: Call 911
Or go to the Emergency Room at Cheshire Medical Center; 580 Court St, Keene, NH (603) 354-5400.
Make an Appointment
We understand that sometimes life comes with struggles and we are here to help you find ways to manage them. Scheduling an appointment with a counselor is easy. Just give us a call (603-358-2437), or come up to the The Wellness Center’s Counseling Services (Elliot Center – 3rd Floor), and tell the receptionist you’d like to schedule an appointment, we’ll take it from there. In most cases, students will be seen for an initial meeting within a day or two. If you feel your situation is urgent, please let us know and we will schedule a crisis appointment for you as soon as possible.
You are welcome to email us at the Counseling Center, but keep in mind that email is not confidential, nor the most efficient way to contact us as we do not maintain 24 access.
Counseling for a Personal Crisis
If you are in a personal crisis or have an urgent need to be seen, call (603) 358-2437 or visit our offices on the 3rd floor of Elliot Center between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Tell the receptionist that you need to be seen right away and our staff will work with you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
If it is after business hours, on the weekends, or during semester breaks/school holidays, contact our on-call counselor at (603) 358-2436.
Examples of reasons to request an urgent appointment include:
- If you are worried about your safety or the safety of others
- If you have been physically or sexually assaulted within the last few days
- If someone close to you has received a serious diagnosis or died within the last few days
- If you are having strange experiences such as hearing voices or seeing things that others do not
- If you have knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- If you have witnessed a traumatic event within the last few days
- If you need to make a major life decision in the next 24 hours
KSC Campus Safety: (603) 358–2228
KSC Center for Health and Wellness: (603) 358-2450 (M-F 8 am-4:30 pm)
Off-Campus Crisis Resources & Options:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 1-800-SUICIDE (Both of these numbers will connect you to NH suicide hotlines.)
Samaritans Hotline: (603) 357-5505. This Keene community organization provides trained people to listen and help 24 hours a day.
www.ulifeline.org: This website provides information on a variety of issues specific to college students.
Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention (MCVP), (603) 352-3782: Located in Keene, this organization provides confidential assistance with domestic and sexual violence.
Monadnock Family Services (MFS), (603) 357-4400: MFS is our Keene community mental health center. In addition to a variety services and programs, MFS also provides emergency services.