Counseling Center Missed Appointment/Late Cancellation Policy
What is a No Show and Late Cancellation Fee?
The Counseling Center strives to be an accessible resource to the greatest number of students while meeting the very high demand for counseling from students. Due to the extremely high demand and limited availability of appointments, the Counseling Center has a missed appointment policy that will result in a $25 fee if you miss or late cancel your appointment. The missed appointment policy applies to all counseling appointments, including individual, couples, and group counseling. Timely cancellation will allow appointment times to be offered to another student.
What Counts as a Missed or Late Cancelled Appointment?
- If a student cancels any appointment without notifying the Counseling Center at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- If a student reschedules any appointment without notifying the Counseling Center at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- If a student misses any appointment without notifying the Counseling Center.
- The policy applies to all counseling appointments, including individual, couples, and group counseling.
- The fee will be assessed to your student account and will be listed as a Missed Appointment Fee.
How Do I Cancel My Appointment to Avoid a Fee?
You can cancel your appointment by:
- Calling the Counseling Center at 603-358-2437
- Cancelling in person by coming into the Counseling Center on the 3rd Floor of Elliot Center
- Emailing the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I Feel Like I was Unfairly Charged and I Want to Appeal the Fee?
We understand that on a rare occasion there may be extenuating circumstances that prevent you from calling or contacting us to cancel an appointment with 24 hours advanced notice. If this is the case, you may download from the Counseling Center’s website the No Show/Late Cancellation Appointment Fee Appeal Form. The appeal form must be completed and returned to the Counseling Center within 14 days of your missed appointment.
The form can be submitted to us by:
- Walking the form to the Counseling Center in person during our regular business hours, or
- Faxing the form to our confidential fax at (603) 358-2985
If you have any further questions - please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Counseling Center’s strict confidentiality policy guarantees that any information regarding a student will not be disclosed without her/his permission except as required by State and Federal laws.Learn more
Our office hours are Monday - Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm. The best ways to contact us here at are:
- Call the office – 603-358-2437
- Visit our office. We are located on the 3rd Floor of Elliot Center
You may also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com if you have an inquiry. Please note, we do not maintain 24-hour access to email nor can we assure confidentiality.