WorkWISE NH Consultation Program
The OSHA On-Site Consultation Program, WorkWISE NH, provides free, voluntary, and confidential workplace safety and health assistance to eligible small businesses in New Hampshire. Our program can help you identify potential safety and health issues that may arise within your workplace and assist you in developing systematic strategies to protect your employees from such risks. We can also assist you in identifying underlying factors that may have led to these hazards and educate you on the OSHA regulations behind them. Our program aims to aid you in safety and health education and give you the tools to communicate your risk control plans to other employees, management, and or stakeholders.
OSHA On-Site Consultation Programs, like WorkWISE NH, are separate from State and Federal OSHA enforcement. Consultants do not issue citations or penalties. However, employers requesting consultation services are required to correct serious hazards identified within agreed-upon time frames.
A WorkWISE NH visit consists of an opening conference, a walk-through of the worksite and a closing conference. The employer will receive a written report explaining the consultant’s findings and an outline of abatement periods.
Your business benefits in many ways from this free service. Identification and abatement of identified hazards keeps skilled and loyal employees safe and productive. You may experience decreased lost work-time due to injuries, illnesses, and used sick time, as well as lowered workers’ compensation premiums, due to fewer claims. Utilizing these voluntary services will help you to build a positive reputation with not only your employees and staff, but with their families, friends and your surrounding communities.
- More About WorkWISE NH
- Meet the Team
- Workplace Safety and Health Visit Request Form
To be eligible for the WorkWISE NH consultation service, businesses must:
- Be located in New Hampshire.
- Be privately owned.
- Have 250 or fewer employees at one site and fewer than 500 employees in total.
More About WorkWISE NH
- Review the analysis published by OSHA showing the benefits of using the WorkWISE NH on-site consultation program.
- Watch a video overview on YouTube.
- Listen to a podcast interview with Brenda Clark of WorkWise NH.
Federal regulations are administrative rules promulgated by federal agencies and are used to specify the implementation of a statute. Federal regulations have the full force and effect of law.
- Recording and Reporting Occupational Injuries and Illness
- Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
- Safety and Health Regulations for General Industry
Meet the Team
- New Hampshire Department of Labor Safety and Training
- US Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- OSHA Training Institute Education Center
- New Hampshire Business Review Article on WorkWISE NH
Workplace Safety and Health Visit Request Form
To request a visit or more information, please complete this form and press SUBMIT when completed. We will contact you to answer any additional questions and if requested, set up a date and time to conduct a visit.