About the Redfern Arts Center
The Arts Center is named in honor of Dr. Leo F. Redfern, Keene State College President from 1969 to 1979 for his vision, commitment, and eloquence on behalf of the arts that made funding and construction of the facility a reality. In 1981, KSC inaugurated this new performing arts center, with the goal of providing unforgettable artistic encounters for the campus and community. Now in its 34th year, the Redfern Arts Center has reaffirmed its mission, vision, and values.
The Redfern Arts Center at Keene State College presents and fosters dynamic and multifaceted arts experiences through performances, residencies, and related programs that deepen the connection between the arts and audiences, both from the campus and the greater Monadnock region.
We will ignite the public imagination and create experiences that generate ongoing appreciation for and engagement with the arts.
- We value the creative exchange of ideas generated by collaboration across disciplines and among artists, students, campus and community members.
- We value the artistic process and its capacity to communicate, inspire, and create connections.
- We value experimentation in both the learning process and in creative expression. We affirm this commitment by providing space and resources for artists and audiences to explore diverse, thought-provoking work together.
- We value the personal connections formed in support of the performing arts and foster an environment of respect, professionalism, and care.
Theatre Overview & Technical Information
- For information about Redfern’s residency and outreach activities and external rental requests, please contact Sharon Fantl at 603-358-2167
- For on-campus scheduling, technical production, facility, and maintenance inquiries for the Redfern Arts Center, please contact Jeremy Robarge at 603-358-2126
- For marketing and business office concerns, please contact Jackie Hooper at 603-358-2173
- For questions about Redfern events and tickets please contact Hannah Scheck at 603-358-2170 or our Box Office number at 603-358-2168
- Interested in learning more about the Redfern performances and bringing your KSC community to our shows? We are here to help! Contact Shannon Mayers, Director at 603-358-2171
Redfern Arts Center facilities and services may be rented by public/tax supported organizations, non-profit organizations, and private organizations and individuals. Several community groups have been presenting annual performances on the Redfern stages for many years including the New Hampshire Dance Institute (NHDI) which has performed its Event of the Year in the Main Theatre every Memorial Day weekend since 1987. Other community groups that have recently used the Redfern theatres include Children’s Stage Adventures, MoCo Arts, Monandock Academy of Movement Arts, Monadnock Waldorf School, and Peterborough Dance Theatre.
Most spaces in the building are available to rent including three theatres, dressing and green rooms, and classrooms. Rental agreements can include the expertise of the Redfern staff in lighting, sound, and stage technology, front of house and ushering needs, and sale of tickets.
Scheduling space is completed in accordance with the Redfern and Keene State College rental policies, and must not conflict with the Redfern’s performance and academic schedule or college-sponsored programs. Facility rental and personnel costs will be charged according to the Keene State College fee schedule. Organizations will be charged for services and/or equipment as applicable.
For more information about the Redfern’s facilities please refer to the Technical Information section above. If you would like more information about renting space at the Redfern Arts Center, please contact Sharon Fantl, Assistant Director, 603-358-2167, email@example.com.