Institutionally Administered Loan
Eligibility for a Keene Tuition Loan is determined during the review of a student’s completed application for financial aid. Students do not and cannot apply separately for this loan program.
Acceptance of a Keene Tuition Loan reflected on your Award Letter is assumed. If you wish to decline any or all of the loan offered to you, please sign and return the Financial Aid Change Form to our Office with your adjustments.
Keene Tuition Loan
The Keene Tuition Loan was established as a result of the consolidation of four existing loan funds. The Fund provides long-term educational loans to deserving Keene State College students who have a demonstrated financial need. The individual loan funds represented are: Huntley-Spaulding Loan Fund, Cleon Heald Loan Fund, Keene Endowment Association Alumni Loan Fund, and Tuition Loan II Fund.
- The Keene Tuition Loan is considered a private-loan program and as such is subject to Federal Consumer Protection laws.
- No Interest accrues on this loan during periods of at least half-time enrollment or during the loan’s nine-month grace period.
- Repayment of principal plus 5% interest begins nine months after you cease to be enrolled on at least a half-time basis. The minimum payment on this loan is $40, with a maximum repayment period of 10 years.
- Students who are awarded a Keene Tuition Loan will be required to participate in an entrance counseling session and promissory note signing before receiving their first disbursement. During the counseling session, all of the provisions of this program will be reviewed. Additionally, subsequent promissory notes must be signed each semester a student receives a disbursement of this loan.
- Students participating in this program must also complete exit counseling, which will again provide information about repayment, deferment, and cancellation provisions.
- The Keene Tuition Loan is not eligible for consolidation under the Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Program.
- Repayment of this loan is managed by Heartland ESCI.