Wellness Promotion Office
The Wellness Promotion Office promotes health and wellness on a holistic level to support KSC students in making healthy choices. We offer programs and services that address the most prevalent health issues that affect the academic performance, personal development, and overall well-being of KSC students.
Wellness Coaching (Individual and Group)
- Sexual Health
- Tobacco Cessation
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Healthy Sleep
Nutrition Coaching is a free, confidential service offered through a collaboration between the KSC Dietetic Internship Program and the Center for Health & Wellness. Nutrition Coaches, who consist of Keene State College Dietetic Interns, offer an initial 15-20 minute goal setting session and 45-60 minute follow up coaching sessions as desired where individualized nutrition education can be provided. Nutrition Coaches will help motivate and enable KSC students toward reaching their personal nutrition and wellness goals.
Register now! https://houserw.wufoo.com/forms/z1y2qw7g03fdrac/
This weekly discussion is held every Wednesday at 1pm in Atrium Conference Room in the LP Young Student Center.
- 9/21 Social Wellness: Meet KSC Student Leaders
- 10/5 Physical Wellness: Pop-Up Wellness Fair
- 10/19 Intellectual Wellness: Study Skills & Time Management Workshop
- 11/2 Cultural Wellness: Diversity Circle
- 11/16 Emotional Wellness: Mindfulness Exercises
- 11/30 Spiritual Wellness: Labyrinth Walk
Visit our project gallery now!
- Support KSC students in creating and achieving wellness goals
- Provide up to date health information and evidence based/research informed wellness programming to KSC students
- Collaborate among students, staff, and faculty at Keene State College to promote wellness through service learning projects, internships, independent studies, workshops, trainings, committee work, and other initiatives
Programs & Services
- SPICES Program
- WOW Program
- Wellness Coaching
- Wellness Chats
- Peer Education Internships
- Social Media
SPICES (Social, Physical, Intellectual, Cultural, Emotional, and Spiritual Wellness) Program
A collection of wellness education programs for First Year Students
- Sex Chat & Aphrodisiacs
- Sleep Spa
- DC Tour
WOW (Wise Owl Wellness) Program
A collection of wellness education programs for all KSC students
- Sleep Audit- sleep assessment and personalized feedback
- Sex in the Dark- anonymous Q & A about sexual health
- Rate Your Plate- nutrition education
- Customized wellness programs by request
Peer Education Internships
Peer Education Interns are students leaders who promote healthy behaviors at KSC. Our team consists of undergraduate interns from the Health Science and Graphic Design Departments. Our interns are Nationally Certified Peer Educators through The BACCHUS Network, a peer education initiative through NASPA Students Affairs Professionals in Higher Education. The BACCHUS Network supports academic and personal success by building skills in student leaders to address campus health and safety issues. CPEs encourage students to make healthy choices, become active leaders, and engaged citizens in the community.
Follow us on social media!
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KSC-Center-for-Health-and-Wellness-101456466622806/?fref=ts
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ksc_chw/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/KSCCHW
To learn more about wellness promotion at KSC, contact:
Tiffany Mathews, MS
Coordinator of Wellness Education