Wellness Promotion Office
The Wellness Promotion Office promotes health and wellness on a holistic level to support KSC students in meeting their health and wellness needs. We offer programs and services that address the most prevalent health and wellness issues, affecting academic performance, personal development, and overall well-being.
- Support KSC students in creating and achieving health and wellness goals
- Provide up to date health information and evidence based/research informed wellness programming to KSC students
- Collaborate among students, staff, and faculty at Keene State College to promote wellness through service learning projects, internships, independent studies, workshops, trainings, committee work, and other initiatives
Programs and Services:
- Wellness Coaching
- On Campus Events
- Guest Speaking/ Program Requests
- Peer Education
- Social Media
Wellness Coaching (Individual and Group):
- Sexual Health
- Tobacco Cessation
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Healthy Sleep
Nutrition Coaching is a free, confidential service offered through a collaboration between the KSC Dietetic Internship Program and the Center for Health & Wellness. Nutrition Coaches, who consist of Keene State College Dietetic Interns, offer an initial 15-20 minute goal setting session and 45-60 minute follow up coaching sessions as desired where individualized nutrition education can be provided. Nutrition Coaches will help motivate and enable KSC students toward reaching their personal nutrition and wellness goals.
Register now! https://houserw.wufoo.com/forms/z1y2qw7g03fdrac/
Guest Speaking/Program Requests
Submit your request here. https://kscspicesprogram.wufoo.com/forms/mwi2oga0wzabdb/
On Campus Events*:
This weekly discussion is held every Wednesday at 1pm in Atrium Conference Room in the LP Young Student Center.
- 9/21 Social Wellness: Meet KSC Student Leaders
- 10/5 Physical Wellness: Pop-Up Wellness Fair
- 10/19 Intellectual Wellness: Study Skills & Time Management Workshop
- 11/2 Cultural Wellness: Diversity Circle
- 11/16 Emotional Wellness: Mindfulness Exercises
- 11/30 Spiritual Wellness: Labyrinth Walk
Take Time Tuesdays
This weekly meet-up occurs on Wednesdays at 5pm with a meeting location outside the KSC gym. The goal is to give students an opportunity to learn the importance of physical activity, discover on and off campus resources, and meet like minded peers.
*Other events are listed on our social media channels listed below.
Peer Education Interns are students leaders who promote healthy behaviors at KSC. Our team consists of undergraduate interns from the Health Science and Graphic Design Departments. Our interns are Nationally Certified Peer Educators through The BACCHUS Network, a peer education initiative through NASPA Students Affairs Professionals in Higher Education. The BACCHUS Network supports academic and personal success by building skills in student leaders to address campus health and safety issues. CPEs encourage students to make healthy choices, become active leaders, and engaged citizens in the community.
Social Media Channels
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KSC-Center-for-Health-and-Wellness-101456466622806/?fref=ts
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ksc_chw/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/KSCCHW
To learn more about wellness promotion at KSC, contact:
Tiffany Mathews, MS
Coordinator of Wellness Education