Wellness Promotion Office
The Wellness Promotion Office promotes health and wellness on a holistic level to support KSC students in making healthy choices. We offer programs and services that address the most prevalent health issues that affect the academic performance, personal development, and overall well-being of KSC students.
- Support KSC students in creating and achieving wellness goals
- Provide up to date health information and evidence based/research informed wellness programming to KSC students
- Collaborate among students, staff, and faculty at Keene State College to promote wellness through service learning projects, internships, independent studies, workshops, trainings, committee work, and other initiatives
Programs & Services
- Nutrition Coaching Pilot Program http://www.keene.edu/office/chw/nutrition-coaching/
- Sex Chats & Aphrodisiacs
- KSC Champion Peer Educators
- Individual & Group Health Education
KSC Nutrition Coaching Pilot Program
Nutrition coaches are available to meet with first-year students and referred BodyWorks clients starting February 15,2016. Nutrition Coaching is a free, confidential service offered through a collaboration between the KSC Dietetic Internship Program and the Center for Health & Wellness. Nutrition Coaches, who consist of Keene State College Dietetic Interns, offer 30-60 minute individual nutrition education sessions. Nutrition Coaches will help motivate and enable KSC students toward reaching their personal nutrition and wellness goals.
To register, click here https://keenestate.wufoo.com/forms/print-web-video-request-form/
Sex Chats & Aphrodisiacs
This weekly discussion on sexual health topics is held every Tuesdays, starting Feb. 2 through April 19, from 12-1pm in the Madison Street Lounge of the LP Young Student Center. KSC students, staff, and faculty as well as community organizations to implement this program.This programs is co-sponsored by the Center for Health & Wellness, KSC Champion Peer Educators, and the Office of Multicultural Student Support. Please see the schedule below.
- 2/2 Sex culture at KSC and beyond
- 2/9 Birth Control Options
- 2/16 Self Care
- 2/23 STI Update
- 3/1 Consent 101
- 3/8 Healthy Relationships
- 3/22 Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Sex
- 3/29 Gender Assumptions
- 4/5 Sex and Your Rights
- 4/12 Spirituality of Sex
KSC Champion Peer Educators
Champion Peer Educators (CPEs) are students leaders who promote healthy behaviors at KSC. Our team consists of undergraduate interns from the Health Science and Graphic Design Departments. CPEs are Nationally Certified Peer Educators through The BACCHUS Network, a peer education initiative through NASPA Students Affairs Professionals in Higher Education. The BACCHUS Network supports academic and personal success by building skills in student leaders to address campus health and safety issues. CPEs encourage students to make healthy choices, become active leaders, and engaged citizens in the community. To view a gallery of past projects click here http://www.keene.edu/office/chw/wellness-at-ksc/projects/
Individual & Group Health Education (contact us for more information)
- Sexual Health
- Nutrition Education
- Tobacco Cessation
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Sleep Hygiene
Follow us on social media!
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KSC-CHAMPIONS-101456466622806/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kscchampions/
- Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/KSCChampions?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- YouTube https://m.youtube.com/user/kscchampions85210
To learn more about wellness promotion at KSC, contact:
Tiffany Mathews, MS
Coordinator of Wellness Education
Contact the Center for Health & Wellness
Health Unit Coordinator
CHW is located on the 3rd floor of the Elliot Center. Click here to view the map.
Schedule a visit with a provider, a nurse or health educator by calling 603-358-2450.
Send a secure message to a CHW staff member by accessing patient portal.