Even without an emergency or sudden bout of illness, our medical staff can help you stay healthy. We offer:
- GYN evaluations and exams
- Follow-up care after treatment here or elsewhere
- Lab Tests
- Prescription refills
- Over-the-Counter medicine
Being Covered Means Feeling SecureYour student health fee covers some expenses, but not all. It is best practice to know what your personal health insurance policy covers. Many personal health insurance policies have restrictions on services out of state or those not ordered by your primary care provider(PCP). Your insurance company will be happy to tell you. All pregnancy tests are FREE.
- The cost of visits to the Center for Health and Wellness are covered under each student's health fee. Please don't hesitate to visit us.
- If laboratory tests are ordered or prescription medications are dispensed, those costs are the responsibility of the student.
- The Center does not bill personal health insurance. These costs can be paid at the time of service through credit/debit cards or echeck.
- Unpaid charges will be attached to the student's account in the Bursar's Office.
- Students always have the right to refuse treatment that would incur these costs.
We handle most common lab tests right in our office, fees are listed below. We also offer courtesy blood draws for student's primary care providers. There is a $15.00 charge for all blood drawn at the Center for Health and Wellness. If the test is beyond the scope of our clinic, we will send the specimen to Cheshire Medical Center for processing. Lab hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Below is a partial list of conditions for which we test. (Average cost -- $20-30).
CBC (Blood test)
Tuberculosis Urinary Infections and urinalysis
Services and medical equipment (Average cost -- $5-$30)
Copy of medical records
Crutches (free if returned)
Incision and drainage
Physical Exam ($60)
Tetanus/Diphtheria booster shot
Contact the Center for Health & Wellness
Academic/Student Services Assistant
Office Phone: 603-358-2450
CHW is located on the 3rd floor of the Elliot Center. Click here to view the map.
Schedule a visit with a provider, a nurse or health educator by calling 603-358-2450.