Keene State College Search/Sitemap/Directories
spacer Center for Health and Wellness spacer

Important Info Payment Changes:
To pay for any charges incurred, visit and click on processing of fees for Center for Health and Wellness. Failure to process payment within 24 hours will result in charges being transferred to your student account.

menu picture

spacer spacer

New Student Information

Keene State College

Alcohol-Wise is an online alcohol education course that is a required assignment for all first year students to complete prior to coming to Keene State College. You will need access to a computer connected to the internet and your Keene State College e-mail address.

The ALCOHOL-WISE course will be available on July 15, 2013 and must be completed by Aug. 15, 2013. The ALCOHOL-WISE has a follow up component that must be completed 60 days after you complete the course. You will receive a reminder email regarding the follow up component of the program.

To receive credit for this program you must follow enrollment instructions and enter the control number: KSCAW.

  1. Go to
  2. Click on Begin Enrollment-College on the left side menu.
  3. When you are directed to enter the Control Number, enter the code: KSCAW.
  4. You will receive a password immediately on the screen and by email.
  5. Login using your email address and password to begin the course. The course takes about one hour to complete and you can login and out as needed.
  6. You will receive an email in 60-days reminding you to complete the 15-minute mandatory follow-up.
  7. Keene State College will receive an email notification after you complete the course and the follow-up.
  8. Print out a copy for your records.

For questions or problems regarding the course, please email the Center for Health and Wellness at or call at 603-358-2450.

Health Insurance

  • It is important that each student at Keene State College have health insurance for coverage of care not received in the Center for Health and Wellness. We encourage each student to be aware of his or her health insurance provider, coverage and limitations. It is of particular importance that students know about emergency care coverage, prescription coverage and limitations. Please come to college with an insurance card and phone numbers.


  • If you are planning to participate in intercollegiate sports, a copy of your Comprehensive Student Health Report, which includes your physical and immunizations will need to be submitted to the Athletic Department.

Things to Bring

  • Don't forget your prescriptions, prescription information, items from the list below, and your insurance coverage provider information. Be sure you know who your medical insurance provider is, what numbers, forms, and procedures need to be followed to submit claims for medical expenses incurred outside of the KSC Center for Health and Wellness.

    Don't forget to bring…

    • non-aspirin pain reliever: acetaminophen and/or ibuprofen (ex: Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
    • decongestant (ex: Sudafed, etc.)
    • cough medication with expectorant and cough suppressant (ex: Delsym)
    • antacid liquid (ex: Pepto-Bismol, Mylanta, etc.)
    • throat lozenges (ex: Vicks, Nicola, etc.)
    • antibiotic ointment (ex: Bacitracin, Neosporin, etc.)
    • Band-Aids
    • athlete's foot medication (ex: Tinactin, Desenex, etc.)
    • nail clippers
    • heating pad
    • cold mist vaporizer
    • thermometer

Allergy Shots

  • The Center for Health and Wellness does not administer allergy shots. Students who need allergy shots must coordinate their care through the Allergy Department at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth Hitchcock Keene. The Allergy Department can be reached at 603-354-5496.

Prescribing Medications for ADHD

  • Should you wish to use the Keene State College Center for Health and Wellness to prescribe your medication for ADHD (e.g. Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta), we require documentation of the diagnosis of ADHD that includes:
    • Records from the current prescribing practitioner with a request from them that we prescribe your medication.
    • Psychiatric/Psychological Interview (when available)
    • Other important information:
    • Students are seen once a month in follow up, and prescriptions are only given at office visits with a clinician.
    • Appointments can be made by calling the Center for Health and Wellness at 603-358-2450.
    • All documentation must be received before an initial appointment for a prescription can be made.
    • Visits to the Center for Health and Wellness are covered under the Student Health Fee. Should you wish to see another provider in our community, your insurance may have a list of covered providers.
    • There are also support services provided through the Counseling Services. Their number is 358-2437.
    • Another on-campus resource is the office of Disability Services. They can assist you in determining if you are eligible for services and accommodations based on a disability. That office may be reached at 358-2353.

    We at the Center for Health and Wellness wish to provide high quality care to all our students. We strive to provide service to those who benefit from stimulant medication in a conscientious and responsible manner.

Requesting copies of medical records

  • Medical Records are kept for a period of 7 years. If you need a copy of your records, you must send a signed note authorizing KSC to release your records. Please specify the name, address and fax number of the individual or office the information should be sent to. There is a $5 handling charge.


Updated: April 16, 2013 KSC Photos on SmugMug Subscribe to the KSC RSS news feed Keene State on Facebook Keene State on Twitter Keene State on YouTube

KSC Login | Search | Sitemap | Directories

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer
A - Z Index Button Search Button Directories Button