Research Advisory Council
Charged by the Provost, the purpose of the Research Advisory Council (RAC) is to help inform the institution’s direction with regard to research related matters, making recommendations to ensure the research activities undertaken at Keene State College and the institutional infrastructure to support them are appropriately aligned. This council will be available to advise the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research, the Cabinet, and units on campus which affect and are affected by research activities on our campus.
The work of the RAC is in service of Keene State’s institutional goals to:
- Encourage scholarship as an integral part of maintaining a vibrant intellectual culture;
- Engage students through a challenging curriculum that develops their knowledge, skills, intellect, and creativity, and provides opportunities for experiential learning;
- Grow external funding of research and scholarly activities of our campus
If you have concerns regarding the research infrastructure in place at KSC, or suggestions on how to better support research endeavors on our campus, please bring them to the attention of a RAC member.
RAC Faculty Representatives
Paul Baures, Chemistry, School of Sciences & Social Sciences
Nora Traviss, Environmental Studies, School of Sciences & Social Sciences
Jim Waller, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, School of Arts & Humanities
Karrie Kalich, Health Sciences, School of Professional & Graduate Studies
Nurturing our Scholarly Community
Academic Publishing Faculty Roundtable (2/28/14):
- Digital video recording of this event is available to members of the KSC community by contacting OSPR.
The Synergy between Teaching and Scholarship (3/28/14)
Mini First Book Institute with Dr. Sean Goudie (3/13/15):
The following materials are available to the KSC community by contacting OSPR.
- Sample Introduction from award winning book
- Sample press marketing survey
These events are brought to you by the Research Advisory Council (RAC) faculty representatives and the Office of Sponsored Projects & Research. If you have suggestions for future events, please direct them to a member of the RAC or OSPR.
Contact the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research
Please visit our staff page for a directory of contacts for various sponsored projects and research functions.