Graduate Certificate in Safety and Health Management
The Safety Program at Keene State College is proud to offer a graduate level Safety and Health Certificate. Administered through the College's Division of Continuing Education and Extended Studies, this program is designed as a precursor for entry into a graduate program in Safety and Health or a related area of study. It will build on the knowledge attained from a bachelor's degree in Safety or similar program. This program is available to those currently holding a safety position or those aspiring to become a safety and health professional.
Entry requirements are as follows:
- Earned bachelor’s degree Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution of higher education. Preference will be given to those with a degree in or related to Safety. Those with a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated discipline are encouraged to apply if an employer will attest to a year or more employment as a Safety Professional.
- Official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities attended (undergraduate and graduate)., with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.50. Preference will be given to those with a GPA of 2.75 or higher. A GPA below 2.50 may be considered if the performance level on the GRE General Test is at or above the 50th percentile for each subtest.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to your ability to do graduate level work
- Essay and goal statement Writing is crucial to success in a graduate level program. The form and content of your essay will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee to help assess your ability to think and write clearly and your potential to effectively engage in graduate work.
This program has 4 required courses (16 credits) and can be completed in four semesters. Courses typically meet on Saturdays during the fall, spring, and summer. Classes will be held in Keene or the Keene State College Ammon Safety Center.
- SAFE 601 - Current Issues in Safety and Health (4 cr)
- SAFE 602 - Best Practices in Safety (4 cr)
- SAFE 603 - Applied Occupational Safety (4 cr)
- SAFE 604 - Leading Safety Change (4 cr)
TRANSFER CREDIT: Students who are accepted into the Graduate Certificate in Safety and Health Management and earn a grade of “B” or better for SAFE 601, 602, 603 or 604 may transfer up to sixteen (16) credits into the Master of Science: Safety and Occupational Health Applied Science Degree. Credits completed at another institution are not transferrable into the certificate or M.S.
To apply to the program, please print and fill out the Graduate Certificate Application.
Those considering the Master of Science degree should visit www.keenestateinfo.com/gradstudies/ or contact the Graduate Studies Office at (603) 358-2332.
Graduate Certificate Questions?
Dr. Larry H. McDonald, Keene State College, 229 Main Street, Keene, NH 03435-1901, Phone: (603) 358-2976 Email: email@example.com.