Kids on Campus

Frequently Asked Questions

Q) Where do I bring my child for his or her class?

A) Please bring your child directly to their classroom, or to the extended care room in Huntress if your child is going to Extended Care.  

Q) Where do I go to pick my child up?

A) You will also be picking your child up directly from his or her classroom, or to the Extended Care room in Huntress, if your child is staying until 5 p.m.

Q) Where is my child's class?

A) You will recieve a confirmation with room information in the mail.  Prior to the start of classes, an updated room list will be posted on the web.  Additionally, room and entrance signs will be posted in each building, and there are plenty of Kids on Campus staff (in red t-shirts) available to help direct you.

Q) I'm not familiar with campus.  Is there a map that might help me find the right building?

A) There sure is!  View it here.

Q) Where should I park when dropping off or picking up my child?

A) For classes meeting in Huntress or the TDS Center, we recommend parking in lots off of Winchester Street: either the staff lot behind the Science Center, or the Commuter Student lot across from the Pub Restaurant.  For classes meeting in Rhodes, there is a campus parking area behind the Historical Society on Main Street.  Classes meeting in Joslin should park in the Visitor's Lot on Wyman Way, off of Main Street.

Q) What does my child need to bring?

A) All children should bring a snack and a water bottle each day.  If your child is staying for lunch, they should also bring a bagged lunch.  Many classes do messy crafts, so if your child wants to wear her favorite dress, please send her with a smock.  Some classes take walking field trips, so please send your child with comfortable shoes and sunscreen.

Q) What should my child NOT bring?

A) Obviously, the things banned at school are banned at Kids on Campus as well, such as knives.  We find that some children don't get the full benefit of their experience if they are playing video games, and we can't ensure their safety.  For those reasons, we suggest that you encourage your child to leave expensive electronics at home.  It is not unusual for things to get lost as children travel from room to room.  If your child feels most comfortable bringing a blanket or stuffed animal from home, please encourage him to leave it in his bag where it will be safe and easier for you to find at the end of the day.  Some children have allergies, particularly to peanuts.  We ask you not to send your child with peanut shells, and that your child be aware if they have peanuts or peanut butter with them so that they don't sit at a peanut free table.

Q) What happens to my child at lunch?

A) If your child is joining us for lunch, please be sure to pack them a bagged lunch. Camp staff will collect children at the end of their morning class, and bring them to that day's lunch location.  Typically, lunch is eaten outside the Dining Commons on nice days, and inside Huntress on especially hot or rainy days.  At about 12:30, children will go either to the playground or the Quad for an activity break before being escorted to the afternoon class.  Your child will remain supervised by our trained staff throughout lunch and the activity break.  You are welcome to join your child if you wish.  However, we will expect that you are then supervising your child.

Q) Is there any additional paperwork I will need to complete?

A) You will need to complete a liability waiver.  You can either bring it with you on the first day of class, or mail it to Heather Jasmin, Keene State College, 229 Main Street, Keene, NH 03435-2605. There will be additional copies available in the classroom.

Q) My child has a health concern.  How is that communicated to her teacher?

A) If you identify a health concern, you will be contacted prior to the start of class to make sure that we completely understand how to best care for your child. While that information is conveyed to teachers and staff, we encourage you to also speak with them directly.

Q) I still have questions.  What should I do?

A) Please contact the Office of Continuing Education at 358-2290 or