General Criteria and Guidelines
First year student merit scholarships are based on academic performance and supporting materials. Merit awards are determined from a review of the students' application for admission to Keene State. Students do not need to fill out a separate application for scholarships. Merit awards are based on SAT scores and grade point average as reported in the initial application for admission. If a student is admitted, subsequent higher SAT scores or grades will not increase eligibility for a merit award.
Each Merit Award requires that you maintain a minimum cumulative GPA for the award to be renewed for subsequent academic years.
- Only first-time, first-year applicants are eligible.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Students under disciplinary suspension lose future merit scholarship eligibility.
- All information is subject to changes in federal/state regulations and Keene State College policy.
- Eligible students may receive only one academic achievement scholarship.
- Scholarship award is for eight consecutive full-time semesters, excluding summers. Future eligibility is forfeited if the student withdraws or takes a leave of absence.