There are several bulk mailing choices available to Faculty, Staff and Student Organizations that
you can use. Each has certain criteria that have to be met.
Letter or post card mail matter not requiring expedited or First Class services and is neither
required to be mailed as Periodicals. The minimum volume is 200 addressed pieces.
- All pieces must be exactly the same in size, color, weight and consistent
- Mailing must contain at least 200 addressed pieces or 50 pounds of addressed
- Mailing addresses must be typed, laser, or ink jet printed.
- No staples on outside of mailing piece.
- Do not use dark color background on address area. (OCR machine cannot read
- Must weigh less than 16 ounces.
Newspapers, magazines and other periodical publications whose primary purpose is transmitting
information to an established list of subscribers or requesters. The publications must be published
at least four times a year at regular, specified intervals.
First Class Presort Mail
All matter wholly or partly in writing or typewriting, all actual and personal correspondence, all
bills and statements of account, and all matter sealed or otherwise closed against inspection. The
minimum volume is 500 addressed pieces. First-Class Mail consists of two subclasses for pieces
weighing 13 ounces or less. Stamped cards and postcards make up one sub-class: letters, flats, and
parcels make up the other.
Bulk Mailing Charges
| Postage Fees
|| $.105 - $.39 each
| Bulk Preparation
|| $5.00 and up each mailing
| Ink Jet Addressing
|| 1 cent each |
| Adhesive label Addressing
|| $2.69 - $4.42 per 100
|| $1.28 per 100
| Post Office Drop-off Fee
|| $10.00 and up each mailing
| Folding - Machine
|| $.011 cents each ($1.10 per 100)
| Folding - By Hand
|| $.055 cents each ($5.50 per 100)