There are several bulk mailing choices available to Faculty, Staff and Student Organizations that you can use. Each has certain criteria that have to be met. Mail Services has special software that prints mailing addresses on pieces. This software meets all of the requirements for printing bulk mail pieces. These pieces cannot be addressed yourself. Please check with Mail Services for paper weight, address placement/print area, folding and tabbing requirements.
Letter or post card mail matter not requiring expedited or First Class services and is neither required to be mailed as Periodicals.
- All pieces must be exactly the same in size, color, weight and consistent contents. See Mail Services for proper paper weight and mailing design.
- All self-mailers must be tabbed or glue bound closed.
- Mailing must contain at least 200 addressed pieces or 50 pounds of addressed pieces.
- Mailing addresses must be typed, laser or inkjet printed.
- No staples on outside of mailing piece.
- Do not use dark color background on address area. (OCR machine cannot read addresses.)
- Must weigh less than 16 ounces.
Newspapers, magazines and other periodical publications whose primary purpose is transmitting information to an established list of subscribers or requesters. The publications must be published at least four times a year at regular, specified intervals.
First Class Presort Mail
All matter wholly or partly in writing or typewriting, all actual and personal correspondence, all bills and statements of account, and all matter sealed or otherwise closed against inspection. The minimum volume is 500 addressed pieces. First-Class Mail consists of two subclasses for pieces weighing 13 ounces or less. Stamped cards and postcards make up one sub-class: letters, flats, and parcels make up the other.
Bulk Mailing Charges
|Postage Fees||$.161 - $.48 each for letters, more for flats|
|Bulk Preparation||$5.00 and up each mailing|
|Inkjet Addressing||1 cent each|
|Adhesive label Addressing||$2.69 - $4.42 per 100|
|Tabbing||$1.28 per 100 for one tab, most mailing require two or more.|
|Post Office Drop-off Fee||$10 and up for each mailing|
|Folding - Machine||$.011 cents each ($1.10 per 100 plus a $3.08 set up fee)|
Contact Mail and Print Services
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.