L.P. Young Student Center
The Lloyd P. Young Student Center at Keene State College is the community center of the campus, a gathering place for all members of the College family - students, faculty, staff, administration, and alumni - as well as guests from the wider Keene community.
As the “living room” or “hearthstone” of the College, the Center provides the services, conveniences, and amenities needed by members of the College family for their daily campus lives and for getting to know and understand one another through informal association outside the classroom. The Student Center has everything: books, food, lounges, lockers and an ATM.
The facilities of Keene State College exist primarily to support approved academic and co-curricular programs and events. The College gives priority for use of its facilities to College organizations and groups, College departments, and members of the College community.
The College recognizes its role as a public institution in the state and the local community, and seeks to make its facilities available for events sponsored by external groups which do not conflict with institutional priorities and remain within the limits of its resources.
In fulfilling its mission the College recognizes free inquiry and free expression as indispensable components in the examination of ideas and scheduling decisions are not made to restrict such expression.
A. To establish a consistent and equitable approach for handling scheduling requests and for assessing fees for the use of College facilities
B. To facilitate access to facilities for both internal and external groups
C. To address legal and financial issues pertinent to facility use and
D. To offer consistent quality service and support for events held on campus
Student Center Rooms
Mabel Brown Room - 100-940 (520 seated, 758 standing room)
Mabel Brown Room (MBR) –
- 100-940 (520 seated, 758 standing room) Stage: 28.5’ wide at the back, 33.5’ at front, 28’ from front edge of stage to back wall (1,100 sq.ft.)
- House: Variable configurations, maximum capacity 940 (balcony and main floor-“standing room”)
- Piano: If the performer’s contract requests a piano, your organization will need to make arrangements with the Student Center. The Student Center piano is limited to use only on the stage of the Mabel Brown Room by reserving it with the Student Center. On the day of the event the piano should be tuned in the location where it is to be used. Contact the Student Center Associate Director for approved piano tuners.
- Mountain View Room (MTV) - 24-120
- Conference Room 307/308 – 10
- Conference Room 309 - 24-48
- Madison St. Lounge (MAD) - 10-80
- Atrium Conference Room (ACR) -
- College Camp on Wilson Pond - House 38 inside/Pavilion 100
* For information and availability on facility sound and lighting equipment for concerts and plays, please contact Scheduling & Event Services: (603-358-2323)
For the College Camp on Wilson Pond, please schedule the facility through the Scheduling Office at least two weeks prior to the event. The requester of the facility must be responsible to pick up the College Camp key at the Information Desk, Student Center. The key can be picked up the day prior to the event and must be returned to the Information Desk within 24 hours after the event. Failure to comply with this may result in a key replacement fee or future loss of College Camp scheduling privileges. All requesters/groups must sign and adhere to the College Camp Procedures outlined on the form.
All planned activities must be scheduled through the Scheduling Office and must comply with the policies and procedures outlined in the Student Handbook. Organized or “pick-up” athletic or sports activities by Keene State College Students shall be played on Joyce Field (conditions permitting). Persons engaged in spontaneous or informal gatherings or activities must utilize appropriate care, consideration, and respect for both the grounds and all members of the College community. If appropriate consideration is not exercised regarding noise level, time, locations, etc. those participants will be asked to cease that activity.
For facility rates and personnel charges, as well as information about conferences and events at Keene State, please contact the General Manager of Conference Services @ 603/358-2359.