Group Fitness Classes
KSC students, faculty/staff, and spouses/partners may purchase a membership to participate in the group fitness program at the front desk of the Recreation Center. For more information about membership eligibility, please stop by the front desk of the Recreation Center or visit the Membership web page.
New Group Fitness Class
TRX Essentials - Come learn how to use this exciting, very popular fitness tool whether it is for your own training or as part of a class. You will learn the proper technique for a variety of exercises on the TRX using your body weight to gain strength and balance. These essential tips you will learn will help you improve your core strength, balance and overall fitness level. Class size is limited to 10 so sign up within 24 hours of the class at the front desk.
Dates: Monday, Sept. 22, Oct. 6 and Oct. 20 at 5:15-6 PM.
Come to one class or come to all 3!
Please note that all classes are appropriate for beginners to advanced participants; low to moderate impact options will be presented by each instructor. We ask that you work out at your own pace and/or level. All classes are 30 to 60 minutes unless otherwise noted and will be held in the Aerobics Studio (3rd Floor) unless otherwise noted. Instructor names have been provided; however they may change if necessary. It is advised that you inform your instructor of any health concerns prior to each class.
Contact Group FitnessChristine Miles, Body Works Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-358-2697
ALL participants must complete a Health Questionnaire at the Recreation Center front desk PRIOR to participation. It is advised that you inform your instructor of any health concerns prior to each class. Class size is first come, first served and may be limited** by the instructor for safety reasons. Also, for classes in the Aerobics Studio, please wear shoes that have not been worn outside so that the floor will remain clean and dry for the safety of participants.
To reserve a bike for Cycling Class or a TRX unit call 358-2826 or stop by the front desk of the Recreation Center (1st floor). Indoor cycling and TRX class participants must reserve a spot within 24 hours of class time. Participants must be on their bike 5 minutes before to the start of class or it will be available for those on the waiting list.
For more information, contact the front desk of the Recreation Center at 358-2826.
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
Fall 2014 Classes
* To reserve a bike for Cycling Class call 358-2826. You must reserve a spot within 24 hours of class time by calling or stopping at the front desk of the recreation center (1st floor). Participants must check in and be on bikes 5 minutes prior to the start of class. Or the bike will be made available for those on the Waiting List.
Bootcamp: Challenge your entire body with this high-intensity workout, working every major muscle group using a variety of equipment. Get ready to sweat!
Butts, Guts and More: This strength training class will target all major muscle groups utilizing a variety of equipment including TRX, weighted body bars, dumbbells, bands, balls, and more. Have fun, boost your metabolism, and end with a relaxing stretch.
Core Challenge: A half hour of isolated core work designed to strength abdominals and low back using a variety of fitness equipment and body weight exercises for a very effective, fast-paced class.
* Cycling Essentials: Designed for beginners, this class will help you discover what the rage is with this style of fitness classes. Learn the basic moves and terminology to make the “ride” work for you. Get ready to love this class and you will be looking for more! Class size limited to 11 so register within 24 hours of the class to get a spot.
* Cycling: Get hooked on this non-impact, heart-pumping “ride”. Let the music take you on “hills”, “jumps” and “sprints” as you boost your metabolism to the next level. Class size limited to 11.
* Cycling and Core: Get a 40-minute “ride” to challenge your cardiovascular system, followed by an isolating core workout to complete the hour. A great blend! Class size imited to 11.
Hydrorobics: A low-impact, high-energy workout in the Pool. Class includes work in both shallow and deep ends of the pool and followed by strength work on the deck. Equipment use may include water belts, buoys, and kickboards. This class is great for non-swimmers and swimmers alike!
* TRX Essentials: (Start date to be determined)-Come learn how to use this exciting, very popular fitness tool whether it is for your own training or as part of a class. You will learn the proper technique for a variety of exercises on the TRX using your body weight to gain strength and balance. These essential tips you will learn will help you improve your core strength, balance and overall fitness level. Class size is limited to 10 so sign up within 24 hours of the class at the front desk.
Yoga: This Hatha Yoga class teaches gentle postures that will encourage you to connect to your breath and the present moment. Consistent participation you will increase your range of motion, strength, and ability to focus. This is for all levels.
Yoga-Pilates Fusion: An exciting blend of Yoga and Pilates with aT’ai Chi –based warm-up. This class will increase strength, power and flexibility. Suitable for all levels.
Zumba: Fuse Latin rhythms and basic hip hop styles into one class! This easy to follow class uses energetic dance moves to work the whole body. Have fun and get a great workout through dance!