Transfer Student Scholarships
- NH Transfer Connections Scholarship
- Transfer Merit Award
NH Transfer Connections Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the creation of a new merit scholarship program exclusively for students enrolled in the New Hampshire Transfer Connections Program (NHTCP). Granite State College (GSC), Keene State College (KSC), Plymouth State University (PSU), the University of New Hampshire (UNH), and the University of New Hampshire Manchester (UNHM) will each award $1,000 merit scholarships to the top transfer students entering from the NHTCP. KSC, PSU, and UNH will award a maximum of five NHTCP scholarships per year, while GSC and UNHM will award a maximum of one per year. Each scholarship is valued at $1,000 and will be renewable for a maximum of three years provided the student meets the eligibility criteria listed below.
This scholarship program has been established to recognize the dedication and hard work of the most successful NHTCP students who choose to continue their education at a University System of New Hampshire institution. It is also the intent of this program to further reduce the cost of education to the strongest students in the NHTCP. The first awards of these scholarships will be made to students entering GSC, KSC, PSU, UNH and UNHM in the fall of 2010. There is no separate application for scholarship consideration. NHTCP students will automatically be considered for these scholarships when they file the special NHTCP reactivation form which is available from their associate degree advisor at GSC or CCSNH. Click here for more information about the NHTCP.
Terms and conditions of the NHTCP Scholarship
The top (up to) five NHTCP applicants to KSC, PSU, UNH and the top applicant at GSC and UNHM will each be designated a “NH Transfer Connections Scholar” and will be awarded a $1,000 merit scholarship to be renewed annually for a maximum of three years provided the student attains a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 by the end of the first year of baccalaureate study and retains that minimum gpa for each succeeding semester. The scholarship will terminate when the NHTC Scholar earns a bachelor’s degree, leaves the institution awarding the scholarship, or has received the scholarship for six semesters, whichever occurs first. For the purpose of these awards, UNH and UNHM are considered separate institutions, so the scholarship is not transportable from Durham to Manchester or vice versa. These scholarships will be a discount to the annual tuition rate and will apply only for those students who maintain full time status in their baccalaureate study.
Transfer Merit Award
We are pleased to announce the creation of a new merit scholarship program for our incoming Transfer Students! This opportunity is available exclusively to Transfer Students at the time of their application for admission to KSC.
- $2,000 awarded annually to full-time, in-state students beginning Fall 2013
- $6,000 awarded annually to full-time, out-of-state students beginning Fall 2013
Criteria Guidelines and Renewal
- Limited number of awards available
- No separate Admissions or Financial Aid application is required
- Eligibility is determined at the time of Admission
- Minimum of 24 transferable college credits required for consideration
- Students with minimum college transfer GPAs of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are given consideration, priority consideration is given to higher GPAs.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 is required to renew the scholarship each year for up to six consecutive full-time semesters, excluding summers.
- Future eligibility is forfeited if the student withdraws or takes a leave of absence.