Student Organization budgets for AY14-15 are due December 13th, 2013 by 5:00pm. Budget Request.
- Mandatory Fees. The students at Keene State College pay a mandatory student
activity fee. While immediate supervision of these mandatory fees (e.g. allocation,
monitoring of expenses) has been delegated to the Student Assembly by the
President, the President and/or the Board of Trustees may overrule any decisions
of the Student Assembly on the allocation and expenditures of these fees.
- Organized Fundraising. Recognized student organizations at Keene State
College may raise income through dues or special sales (candy sales, bake
Eligibility to Receive Funding
To receive student activity money, the club/organization must meet the following
- The club/organization must be non-profit.
- The officers of the club/organization must be currently enrolled students in
good academic standing (2.0 GPA).
- The club/organization must have a constitution that is approved by the
- No club/organization may receive funding without fulfilling the probationary
period as outlined in Article 5.
- Membership of the student organization must be open to all Keene State College
- The club/organization may not discriminate on the basis of sex, ethnic or
national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, veteran, or handicapped status.
Budgets for Student Organizations
- All budgets of organizations eligible for funding must meet deadlines set by
the Student Assembly each semester. Any submitted after this date will not be
considered, unless the Finance Committee allows by a two-thirds vote.
- In the event that an organization does not submit a budget for the following
fiscal year by the designated deadline, that organization will only be eligible for
80% of the budget received the previous year.
- The officers of the organization and the Finance Committee will meet to
review the organization's proposed budget. The order for these meetings will be
determined by lottery.
- All budgets will be submitted by Line Item, with the intent of adhering to the
stated line items. A Budget Request Form may be obtained from the Student
- The Finance Committee will recommend budgets to the Student Assembly.
- The Student Assembly will recommend all student organization's budgets to
the President of the College for final approval.
Expenditures of Organizations
- Any change to a budget line item under $500 must be approved by the
Treasurer of the Student Assembly.Transfer of Funds
- Any change to a budget line item over $ 500 must be approved by the
Student Assembly, excluding the Social Activities Council who need only be
approved by the Treasurer of the Student Assembly.
- Student Assembly reserves the right to allocate funds at their discretion. This is based on the merit of the proposal presented.
Reporting to the Student Assembly
- Each academic month, a report of activities will be required of each organization
receiving student moneys. It will include a list of activities undertaken that month,
and activities planned for the following month.Monthly Activity Report
Monthly activity reports shall be submitted within the first 10 days of the month,
for the previous month activities.
- At the request of any student, organization, faculty member, administrator or
other such persons concerned about the activities and finances of an organization,
these reports shall be produced for their perusal.
- If any organization fails to submit any monthly activity report, fails to submit
any quarterly financial statement, fails to submit an annual financial statement,
fails to submit a list of members, or deliberately does not follow the regulations
set down in this policy, the following action shall take place:
- Immediate suspension of funds
- Investigations by the Finance and Constitution Committees
- Should any group fail to adhere to these policies, the Student Assembly
Treasurer will advise the Student Assembly to suspend funds for a period of time
to be decided upon by the Student Assembly. Failure by any organization to
adhere to this policy will seriously jeopardize that organization's funding for the
- C. Any decision in regard to this policy can be appealed to the Judiciary