Dr. Yi Gong
Degrees/Credentials: BS Biology, Nanjing Normal University (China); MEd Applied Psychology, Suzhou University (China); EdD Curriculum and Instruction, Indiana University of Pennsylvania; CAGS Educational Leadership (Principal and Superintendent Certificates), University of New Hampshire
Professional Interests/Areas of Specialization: Director of Institutional Assessment; assessment and evaluation; relational database; educational measurement; educational technology; quantitative research; organizational performance assessment (balanced scorecard, performance indicator development, and dashboard design)
Awards & Accolades: Fellowships: NH DOE Commissioner’s Fellowship for Teacher and Leader Effectiveness; Summer data policy institute by AIR, NCES, and NSF; US DOE NCES TIMSS-R summer institute; Internship: UNESCO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Key Professional Work:
- Lambert, J., & Gong, Y. (In press). Measuring the effectiveness of a one-to-one laptop initiative in a rural school district. Journal of Technology Integration in the Classroom, 3(3).
- Cuper, P. & Gong, Y. (2010). Video analysis as a reflective tool: Providing pre-service teachers a gradual-replay lens on their developing practice. In J. Yamamoto (Ed.), Technology Leadership in Teacher Education: Integrated Solutions and Experiences (pp. 67–82). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lambert, J. & Gong, Y. (2010). 21st Century paradigms for pre-service teacher technology preparation. Computers in the Schools, 27(1), 54–70.
- Lambert, J., Gong, Y., & Cuper, P. (2008). Technology, transfer, and teaching: The impact of a single technology course on preservice teachers’ computer attitudes and ability. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 16(4), 385–410.
- Haugland, S., Ruiz, E., & Gong, Y. (2004). Using information technologies to locate pets, learn about their care, and communicate with others. In M.R. Jalongo (Ed.), The World’s Children and Their Companion Animals: Developmental and Educational Significance of the Child/Pet Bond. Olney, MD: Association for Childhood Education International.
- Yan, W., & Gong, Y. (2002). Cognitive factors in survey design. New Wave-Educational Research & Development, 7(2), 1–6
CAGS: Educational Leadership (NH principal and superintendent) Ed.D.: Curriculum & Instruction M.Ed.: Applied Psychology & Psychometrics B. Sci. Biology
Specialties: Assessment, Educational Research (Quantitative), Psychometrics, Educational Database, Educational Leadership, Curriculum & Instruction Design, and Tech-integrated Learning & Teaching.