Obtaining Print Materials in Alternative Formats Policy
Eligible students may request their textbooks in alternative formats by filling out the Alternative Text Request Form
Alternative Text Request Deadlines:
Students can check the following FREEresources to obtain alternative text formats on their own without having to go through ODS:
- Bookshare.org - An accessible online library for people with print disabilities. Free membership for qualified students.
- Audiobooks, Keene State Library, Keene Public Library
- Amazon.com - Audio and E-books
You can make your own digital copy of a school related publication or book. Make an appointment to use our "Alternative Text Station" in the ODS computer lab.
At our Alternative Text Station you can:
- Scan pages yourself using our scanner
- Convert PDF's to Word documents for easier use
- Use any of our specialized software