Back to Journalism - Print Media - Minor
Students will be able to demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of news/info-gathering research methods and tools.
- The ability to write a grammatically correct, accurate, objective, and comprehensive account of a news/public event for print, broadcast and the web, among other formats and styles.
- Working knowledge of media law, ethics, and related first amendment issues.
- Proficiency with a variety of mass media tools, including traditional and electronic newsgathering/ production equipment.
- An ability to analyze the relationship between mass media and society from historical and contemporary perspectives.