Students will be able to demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of news/info-gathering research methods.
- The ability to write a coherent, accurate, fair, and appropriately comprehensive account of a news event for publication via a variety of mass media.
- Working knowledge of media law, ethics, and related first amendment issues.
- Fundamental proficiency with a variety of mass media tools, especially electronic/computer newsgathering and production equipment.
- The ability to think critically when analyzing the relationship between mass media and society from historical and contemporary perspectives.