- Journalism - Broadcast Media (Minor)
- Journalism - Print Media (Minor)
- Journalism - Public Relations (Minor)
- Multimedia Journalism (Minor)
Program Objectives and/or Learning Outcomes:
- Working knowledge of information gathering, research, and analysis methods.
- The ability to write a coherent, accurate, fair, and appropriately comprehensive account of a news event for publication via a variety of mass media.
- Teh ability to organize or plan, implement and evaluate public relations campaigns and stategic communications.
- Working knowledge of media law, ethics, and related First Amendment issues.
- Fundamental proficiency with a variety of mass media tools, especially multimedia information gathering and production equipment.
- The ability to think critically when analyzing the relationship between mass media and society from historical, ethical, and contemporary perspectives.