Education - Graduate Educator Certification
Graduate Educator Certification
Back to Education - Graduate Educator Certification (G.E.C.)
With the guidance and support of KSC faculty in partnership with local special education professionals, candidates for the Graduate Educator Certification Program are able to:
- apply special education knowledge and skills so that the individuals with disabilities who they teach can develop academic, social, and transition skills to become meaningful and productive members of a community.
- design instruction, assessment, and individualized programs with the student and family at the center of the process.
- utilize expertise of special education stakeholders within and outside a school system in a collaborative framework.
- celebrate diversity in the context of supporting individuals with disabilities.
- act as advocates for individuals with disabilities.
- develop belief and value systems that provide a focus for acting as a special educator.
- reflect on practice to increase special education knowledge, skills, and beliefs.