Van Cliburn International Piano CompetitionSilver Medal Winner Yeol Eum Son
"Son should have no trouble building a career. She's got the fingers and the personality - and, at least here, the haut-est couture."
– Scott Cantrell, Dallas Morning News
At the age of twenty-three, Yeol Eum Son's highly versatile and accomplished performances earned her a silver medal at the Thirteenth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition. Already considered among the most important artists of her generation in South Korea, she has performed there with almost every notable orchestra, and has been a featured soloist with the New York Philharmonic on several occasions, most recently as part of the orchestra's historic visit to Seoul. Read full bio.
The September 30th program will feature the following pieces:
- J. S. Bach, Partita No.6 in E minor BWV 830 (20')
- Barber, Sonata for Piano, Op. 26 (20')
- Debussy, Preludes Book I No.3-8 (20')
- Chopin, Waltz No.9 in A-flat major, Op.69 No.1 Waltz No.11 in G-flat major, Op.70 No.1 Waltz No.5 in A-flat major, Op.42
- Scriabin, Etudes, Op.8, Nos.10, 11, 12 (9')