|KSC Scholarship Application
Friday, April 27, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
The content of your KSC Scholarship application essay would depend on the scholarships you are applying for (have checked off on the application).
You will be using one essay for all the scholarships, so be sure to cover all appropriate topics (grades, community service, extra curricular activities, clubs, previous awards, etc.). Whatever you think is appropriate for your selection of scholarships.
The essay should contain some of, but not be limited to, the following elements:
- Personal Details - experiences and
- Show, Don't Tell - show with stories and anecdotes
(this makes essays more credible and memorable).
- If appropriate, specific areas and examples of
some of the items listed above (grades, community service, outside
- Your vocational goals and why.
- Find ways to highlight personal strong
- Shore up weak areas by filling in gaps with new
types of participation.
- Organization - structure for clarity and
- Conciseness - each sentence should have an
- Recycle Essays - use topics that bridge multiple
- Recycle metaphors and other creative expressions
of your ideas.
- Rewriting and critique are both important parts of
For more information, visit
Financial Aid Tips.
Contact our office.