Decision Point One:
Eligibility for Admission to Educator Preparation Completed Prior to Methods/Practicum I
|Early Childhood Specialization 2, Elementary Education, Secondary, K-12
||Early Childhood Specialization 1
- Successful Praxis Core Academic Skills scores to meet state standards
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher with minimum of 12 KSC credits
- C or better in all courses completed to date for: Education Major and Option and Specialization (Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Secondary Education) or Major and Option for K-12 programs (Music Education, Physical Education)
- Declaration of: Education Major and Option ( Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Secondary Education);Liberal Arts/Content Major ( Elementary Education, Secondary Education); Academic Minor and Specialization (Early Childhood Education); Major and Option for K-12 programs (Music Education,Physical Education)
- Successful faculty review of applicant’s dispositions and self-assessment
- Successful criminal record check results at the time of administrative Admission to Educator Preparation
- See specific program requirements below
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 with minimum of 12 KSC credits
- Declaration of Early Childhood Development Major-Specialization 1 and Academic Minor*
- 3.0 GPA in Program Option Courses with no individual course grade lower than a C
- No “U’s” on Dispositions, if available
- Successful criminal record check results at the time of administrative Admission
Specific Program Requirements:
Early Childhood Program Requirements, Specialization 2: 3.0 GPA in Program Option Courses; No "1-Unacceptable" on Dispositions, if available.
Transfer students may have slightly different requirements, depending on articulation agreements and transcript analysis
Contact Educator Preparation
Location and Hours
Rhodes Hall, S111.
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To learn more about Educator Preparation Programs at Keene State College, please contact the Educator Preparation Office or the Department Chair for a particular program.
Educator Preparation Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435