Requirements for serving as a Cooperating Practitioner for educator preparation candidates during field experience:
- Hold certification in the area in which the candidate will be teaching.
- Have at least three years of teaching experience in the area the candidate will be teaching.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly mentor candidates.
- Demonstrate the ability to model high quality learning facilitation, as demonstrated by student learning.
- Be recommended by peers, administrators, and/or faculty and staff and approved by their principals to fulfill this role.