Skip Navigation

Veterans Services Information

The Student Accounts Office Veteran’s Certifying Official can provide assistance to students applying for their VA educational assistance entitlement. Enrollment certifications are confirmed by this office and reported to the appropriate VA regional office (Buffalo, NY). You may contact the Certifying Official Robyn Lucius ( if you have any questions.

Applying for educational benefits or changes in enrollment status

For information on how to apply for educational benefits, or changes in enrollment status, please contact the Veteran’s Certifying Official at (603)358-2886 or stop by the Student Accounts Office. You may check the status of your benefits by visiting the VA Educational Benefits Home Page, or calling the automated phone system at 1-888-GIBILL1. This allows you to check your status with the VA 24 hours/day.

Please be aware that we are required by law to notify the VA whenever a change in enrollment affects your enrollment status. This will most likely affect your VA payments.

Instructions for receiving educational benefits

First-time veteran students should:

  1. Complete VA Form 22-1990 (application for educational benefits). This should be done at the earliest possible time after you have been accepted to Keene State College. It may take 6 to 8 weeks for your claim to be processed, so file as early as possible. If you have already applied for the benefits, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, issued by the VA, to the Veteran’s Certifying Official.
  2. Provide a copy of your separation papers, DD214 (active duty) or an original "Notice of Basic Eligibility" from your reserve unit (reservists), or, if you have already applied for the benefits, please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, issued by the VA.
  3. Veteran’s Dependents applying for educational benefits need to complete form 22-5490 (Application for Survivors’ & Dependents’ Educational Assistance), and submit to the certifying official.
  4.  For Veteran’s Educational Benefits financial aid process information contact the Financial Aid Office at  800-572-1909 or 603-358-2280, Fax: 603-358-2794, or visit .
  5.  Contact the Veteran’s Certifying Official in the Student Accounts Office at (603) 358-2886 for assistance in obtaining or filing the forms.

Contact the Registrar

☎ 603-358-2321

The Registrar’s office is located in Elliot Hall (map).