The IT Group provides several facilities and services in support of campus media needs. These include equipment loans and support of standard media equipment in classrooms, installation and maintenance of classroom technology, the Campus TV System, a 16-channel closed-circuit cable TV network for distribution of video programs to residence halls and study areas, web based presentations, web conferencing, and limited campus event support.
Classroom Technology and Computing Labs
All KSC classrooms and computing labs are media enhanced and include all or some of the following:
- wireless access
- ceiling mounted data projector
- pull down screen
- DVD player
- Smartcart with laptop connection and/or permanently installed PC
Media equipment is available for circulation and may be used without charge by the faculty, staff and students of Keene State College for academic purposes.
Equipment reservation requests from faculty, staff and students should be completed using the online request form. 48 hour notice is appreciated.
Student borrowers are required to get a signature from a supervising faculty member in order to pick-up an equipment loan at the HelpDesk
Zoom Video/Web Conferencing
Keene State Zoom is a full-featured video and collaborative technology available to KSC faculty, staff, and students. Zoom unifies cloud video/web conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zoom accounts allow for video, audio, and content sharing from any device including Windows and Mac computers, Android and iOS devices.
KSC faculty and students can use Zoom in conjunction with Canvas to have virtual class meetings, hold online office hours, or to bring guest speakers to classes from afar. Faculty can record these meetings and post them in Canvas for their students to review.
Zoom enabled classrooms have a camera at the back of the room that will automatically detect the instructor’s face and follow them whenever they move. A second camera in the front will capture students sitting in class. Intelligent microphones mounted in the ceilings will pick up audio as it is produced
The following are Zoom enabled classrooms:
- Arts Center - Rooms 118 • 232 • 302
- Blake House - Room 101
- Huntress Hall - Rooms 2 • 4 • 5 • 9 • 10 • 12
- Joslin Hall - Rooms 103 • 105
- Mason Library - Rooms 104 • 121 • 142-HRC • 240-HRC
- The Commons (LLC) - Room 129
- Math House - Room 201
- Media Arts - Rooms 158 • 160
- Morrison Hall - Rooms 107 • 109 • 201 • 202 • 204 • 206 • 207
- Parker Hall - Rooms 113 • 211
- Rhodes Hall - Rooms 116n • 120n • 210n • 212n • 213s
- Science - Rooms 102 • 126 • 127 • 129 • 154 • 161 • 175 • 275 • 302 • 360
- Spaulding Gym - Room 121
- TDS Building - Rooms 108 • 203 • 206 • 210