Steps for Returning to Campus
We look forward to welcoming you back safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students are required to be part of the college’s COVID-19 testing protocol, in order to access any campus buildings at any point during the semester, even if all classes are remote. COVID-19 testing is free for students.
In order to efficiently bring thousands of people back to campus, we will not be accepting COVID-19 test results from outside of Keene State.
Please follow these three steps to return to campus for the spring semester. You must take a pre-arrival COVID test with Keene State, then check in with your negative test result in the Rec Center, in order to complete this process. Then, it is expected that you’ll participate in testing each week.
Take a pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test - you should have signed up for a drive-up test or completed your Quest home kit by now. If you still need assistance in scheduling a KSC Drive-Up Pre-Arrival test, your options are now significantly limited and you may experience a delay in returning to in-person classes. We will do all that we can to assist you. Please call our Keene State COVID Testing Support Line at 603-358-2450, choose option #3. The line is available Monday - Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe, follow safety precautions, and wait for your test results.
- KSC Drive-Up test: Return home after your test, remain off campus. Your test result will come to you via email within 36 hours.
- Quest home test: If you take the Quest home test, your result will be returned to you via your email and Quest app.
- Come to campus and go directly to the Rec Center in Spaulding Gym for Student Check In. You are REQUIRED to bring proof of your negative pre-arrival test result with you, either printed out (preferred), or on your phone - no screenshots, please. Bring your Owl Card too. You will get your first weekly COVID-19 test for the semester, and your first wristband. You can only access campus buildings once you have your wristband – this includes residence halls.
Dates for Student Check In, located at the Rec Center, in Spaulding Gym:
- Off-Campus Student Check-In (For students who took the KSC Drive-Up test): Check in on the Thursday immediately following your pre-arrival Keene State Drive-Up test. Instructions will be provided when you take your Keene State Drive-Up test.
- Off-Campus Student Check-In (For students who took the Quest home kit test): Check in on Saturday, February 13.
Check-in times on February 13 for off-campus students are alphabetical by last name, listed below.
|A-D||8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.|
|E-I||9:30 a.m. 10:30 a.m.|
|J-M||10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|N-R||11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.|
|S-V||12:30 p.m. -1:30 p.m.|
|W-Z||1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
|Open to all||2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
New Student, and Formerly Remote Students Who are Returning to Campus, Check In: Friday, February 12
On-Campus Student Check In: Sunday, February 14 (Sign up is required for On-Campus Student Check In, please click below)
Once you get your first wristband during Check In, you are required to get tested every week, on Thursday or Friday, just as we did in the fall.
Parking for Check In will be available in the Spaulding Lot at the end of Wyman Way. Additional parking will be available in Elliot Lot. Family members may drop you off for Check In. Only students who have a negative pre-arrival test result may enter Spaulding Gym.
1. Pre-arrival Test Results: Taking your pre-arrival test using the Keene State drive-up location will ensure your results are received in time. You’ll get your results within 36 hours. When students do the Keene State drive-up test, they will also be entered to win $500 in Owl Cash.
2. Walk-Up Option: You may walk-up, instead of driving-up, for your pre-arrival test at Keene State if needed. Students must first go to the Campus Safety vehicle on Appian Way by Oya Hill (next to Zorn Dining Commons) to be checked in, prior to heading to one of the test sites.
3. Positive COVID Test Result: If you tested positive for COVID-19 during winter break, we need to know because your COVID-19 results may come back positive for 90 days after the positive result. This means you will not need to test for some period of time. If this is the case for you, please contact the Dean of Students at 603-358-2842 or email@example.com, and they will help you with next steps.
4. Travel Quarantine: For students who are coming to Keene from a state outside of New England (NH, ME, VT, RI, CT and MA):
If you will take private transportation to Keene, you may quarantine for 10 days at your home before you leave for Keene.
If you will take public transportation to Keene (such as airplane, bus, train, shuttle) you must quarantine for 10 days starting the day you arrive in Keene.
If you live on campus, and would like to arrive early to quarantine on campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. This policy reflects NH Department of Health and Human Services requirements.
5. Community Commitment Acknowledgement: Continued compliance with the Community Commitment Acknowledgement remains in place during the spring semester. It is to there to ensure your health and the wellbeing of our community.
6. Owl Card: If you need to get an Owl Card, please make an appointment by calling 603-358-2673 or email email@example.com.
If you have questions specifically about COVID-19 testing at Keene State, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond to you as quickly as we can Monday through Friday, during regular business hours.
Thank you for taking these steps as quickly as possible to ensure your smooth return to campus. We look forward to seeing you again soon!