Daily Schedule for a Festival
The Children’s Literature Festival is a one-day Saturday event. Five speakers give one-hour presentations.
A typical daily schedule for a Festival is as follows:
7:30 - 8:45 a.m., Registration in the Student Center Lobby
- Coffee, Tea, Juice, and Pastries, Student Center
- Books and Festival Items on Sale, Student Center, Third Floor
9:00 a.m., Welcome and Announcements
- Dr. David E. White, Festival Founder & Director
9:30 a.m., Speaker TBA
10:30 a.m., Speaker TBA
11:30 a.m. - 12:45, Lunch in the Dining Commons
- Books and Festival Items on Sale in the Student Center, Third Floor
- Gallery open in Rhodes Hall*
- The Festival Gallery has hundreds of working and finished illustrations by over 200 artists.
1:00 p.m., Speaker TBA
2:00 p.m., Speaker TBA
3:00 p. m., Break
- Books and posters are not on sale during this time.
3:15 p. m., Speaker TBA
4:15 p.m., Final announcements
- including the names of the speakers for our next year’s Festival
- Note: We book our speakers two years in advance.
4:30 - 5:30 p.m., Reception in the Rhodes Hall Atrium
- Books and Festival items on sale in the Student Center
- Gallery open in Rhodes Hall