Students pursuing this minor learn how to apply methods of statistical inference in order to analyze data and make data-driven decisions, thereby gaining valuable experience relevant to a wide variety of employment opportunities in business and industry.
Select one of the following:
- MATH 141 Introductory Statistics
- PSYC 251 Psychological Statistics
MATH 151 Calculus I
MATH 242 Applied Statistics
Select two of the following:
- MATH 241 Probability and Statistics I
- MATH 362 Math Modeling and Computing
- One course from outside the Mathematics Department incorporating substantial use of statistics. Must be approved by the Mathematics Department.
- An experiential or service-learning experience that has a substantial statistical component. Must be approved by the Mathematics Department.