History - American History and Archives, Graduate Certificate
Back to History - American History and Archives, Graduate Certificate (G.C.)
- Students will demonstrate graduate-level, advanced content proficiency in either European or American history.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in evaluating the literature, theories, and methods of areas of scholarship within these two fields.
- Students will demonstrate essential contextual knowledge of the sociocultural factors shaping archival records as they are created and managed over time in different communities of practice and localities.
- Students will formulate historical arguments and communicate those arguments in clear and persuasive prose.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the knowledge and skills involved in historical practice by conceptualizing and executing a significant piece of original research in either European or American history.