The Addiction Minor offers coursework that helps prepare for employment, preparation for licensure or certification as an addiction counselor in some states, and further studies at the continuing education and graduate level. The program provides students with a theoretical and evidence-based understanding of substance use and related addictive disorders, and an introduction to counseling, assessment, and treatment approaches. The curriculum emphasizes theory, research, theory, and practice to address the continuum of care in Addiction.
- PH 200 Alcohol and Other Drugs: The Fundamentals
- PH 380 Addiction: Theory, Practice and Research
- PH 382 Introduction to Counseling Skills
- PH 491 Addiction and Pre-Professional Mental Health Treatment: Critical Issues
- PH 493 Co-Occurring Disorders: Continuum of Care