Getting Around at Keene State and the City of Keene
Walking and Biking
Keene State and the City of Keene are easily walk-able and bike-able. Both have plenty of bike racks and the City has an excellent trail system. The South Bridge which will provide safe crossing over Route 9/101, will be completed in early October 2016.
City Express Shuttle:
During the academic year, the City Express Shuttle runs from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm Monday through Friday on the scheduled route below. It also runs 2 other routes, providing transportation to Cheshire Medical Center, Colony Mill, West Street Plaza, YMCA, etc. Check the City Express schedule for stops & times.
The City Express Shuttle service is free to students with a KSC ID.
Transportation to Cheshire Medical Center The City Express bus provides transportation to the Cheshire Medical Center for appointments and non-emergency services. Riders can take the Campus Community Shuttle, Bus #9 from the shuttle stop at Appian Way and Main Street. The ride time to the hospital is approximately 40 minutes, the return trip is approximately 20 minutes. Riders should account for these times in their scheduling plans.
Keene State College Shuttle
The KSC Shuttle provides evening service around campus and the immediate area when the City Express is not in service. The primary purpose of this shuttle is to provide safe transportation to and from vehicles, classes, the library, Student Center, athletic complex, Keene Ice, and limited shopping venues of Winchester Street.
When you call for the shuttle you must provide: name; exact location; destination; & number of people in the group (shuttle seats 7 riders total). The KSC Shuttle provides transportation within a defined area:
- Monday through Thursday 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm
- Sunday 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
To request the shuttle, text 603-209-6929
Available 24 hours a day, Campus Safety officers provide personal safety escorts to campus community members. These escorts are provided on foot or by vehicle, and are limited to the immediate campus area.
Important Information about the Shuttle
- When you call for the shuttle you must provide your name; exact location; destination; and the number of people in your group (the shuttle is limited to 7 people).
- Transportation will not be provided to parties, restaurants, bars, etc. Alcohol or controlled substances shall not be transported in KSC vehicles. *Where a shuttle driver observes a violation of College policy or criminal law, the appropriate authorities will be notified; however, the KSC Good Samaritan Policy will be recognized.
- Service requests can be refused or abated for verbal or physical abuse, severe intoxication (the police or EMS will be contacted), abuse of the service, or any circumstance that compromises the health and safety of the driver or passengers
- Transportation services may be delayed or cancelled due to weather, vehicle maintenance, personnel shortages, or priority assignments
- Due to the above conditions, students should not rely on the KSC shuttle to provide regular transportation to off campus employment or other regular activities
- Non-emergency medical transportation (to appointments, etc.) should be arranged through the City Express or by contacting KSC Center for Health and Wellness.