2018 Owl Orientation
Transfer students are required to attend the Owl Orientation program! (you can select either an overnight or one-day option). In order to register for Owl Orientation you must complete the following:
Hootie’s How To List:
- Pay your enrollment service fee
- Set up your KSC NetID and Email. An email will be sent to you from the HelpDesk (this may take up to 48 hours from when you pay your fee)
- You will receive an email from Orientation with the registration link. In order to register, you MUST use your ksc.keene.edu email address. We encourage the student to fill this form out with their parent/guardian as information is needed for all attendees.
This is a mandatory program. Transfer students can select to attend an overnight or attend the 1 day session on Tuesday June 26, 2018. Space is limited to 240 students per session.
Session 1: Sunday June 10 - Monday June 11
Session 2: Wednesday June 13 – Thursday June 14
Session 3: Sunday June 17 – Monday June 18
Session 4: Wednesday June 20 – Thursday June 21
Session 5: Sunday June 24 – Monday June 25
Session 6: TRANSFER DAY Tuesday June 26 (details for the day program will be updated soon)
Important Information - for overnight programs only
- Check-In begins at 2:00pm on the first day and the program runs until 1:30pm on the second day.
- Student and up to two parents/guardians can attend.
- All students will reside in campus housing for Owl Orientation.
- There is limited campus housing available for parents/guardians. If you would like to stay on campus you will be housed with other parents/guardians in a separate air conditioned residence hall from your student. We strongly encourage attendance by one parent/guardian.
- Please note that linens will not be provided for students or parents.
Are you considered a transfer student at Keene State College?
The following F.A.Q. strives to answer this and other questions.
What is a transfer student?
Any applicant who has completed 12 or more college credits post-high school or GED completion.
Who is not a transfer student?
Students who have not been admitted or enrolled in a college or university after graduating high school but may have Advanced Placement credits, International Baccalaureate credits or Running Start credits (college credit earned while in high school) are not considered transfer students.
If you are considered a transfer student at Keene State College…
Whether you are entering Keene State College in the spring or fall there are a few "Hootie’s How To’s" that you will need to complete once your enrollment service fee is paid.
How Do I Get Started?
Soon after you have paid your enrollment fee you will receive a communication from Academic and Career Advising (ACA).
Academic & Career Advising will ask you to submit a Registration Data Form (RDF) that will assist Academic Advisors in registering you for up to 12-16 credits in your academic major. They use the information you provide them and your transcripts from other colleges to craft a spring or fall schedule that will move you toward degree completion.
An advisor will email you a packet of information and a personalized letter once your registration up to 12-16 credits is complete. You will then register online for any additional courses needed.
Do transfer students need to attend Orientation?
Spring Transfer Students. Transfer students are required to attend the January Orientation Program. It is a one day program held on the Sunday before classes begin. It is an opportunity to learn more about campus resources, meet new students and upperclass students, and meet staff.
Fall Transfer Students. Transfer students are required to attend Owl Orientation(June) and Hootie’s Welcome Days (August). Owl Orientation is a wonderful opportunity to meet faculty/staff and review the classes you are currently registered in, and Hootie’s Welcome Days provides important information regarding the many resources on campus that you will need to be a successful student.