Wireless and Technology
There is wireless everywhere on campus. Here are the available wireless networks and their appropriate use:
- KSC Secure. This is your network to connect to with your computer, phone or other mobile device.
- KSC Device. This network is for your Smart tv, game console, etc. This is NOT for your laptop, phone or other mobile device.
- KSC_Guest – This is only for non-KSC students or employees. This network provides limited access, so do not connect to it.
To connect your computer to the KSC_Secure, you are required to have the following installed on your computers:
- KSC approved anti-virus software.
- Network Access Control (NAC) Software - Students will be prompted to download this software when connecting to the KSC wireless network for the first time. The NAC protects the network by making sure the computer has anti-virus software installed and running and Windows Updates turned on.
- Select the KSC_Secure wireless network.
- Select “Trust” on the certificate that may appear.
- Enter your NetID and your NetID password
If you have any issues connect to KSC_Secure or KSC_Device, please contact the HelpDesk to resolve the issue.
Note: Personal wireless routers or access points are not allowed on campus. These devices create interference with the wireless network, reducing network performance and impacting surrounding students.
MyKSC is the student portal and a one-stop shop for most of the technology you need access to at KSC. It provides access to:
- Course registration
- Office 365
- Tuition and Billing (Parents will pay using QuikPay)
- Financial Aid
- And more under -> More -> Add’l apps
Visit the MyKSC overview for more information on how to use this portal.
Post-Orientation Checklist - KSC Technology
Office 365 includes the following:
- To log into email, enter your email address: email@example.com and NetID password.
- You may also forward Office 365 email to a different email account if you prefer.
If needed, Office 365 also provides free access to the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). To install:
- Log into your email
- Click on the apps icon in the top left corner → click on Office 365 and → click install Office.
OneDrive file storage. It is:
- A place to store your document securely. It is cloud based and available anywhere you have access to the Internet.
- You have 1TB of space available.
Keene State has printing kiosks in the:
- Student Center
- Rhodes Hall lobby
- Science Center lobby
- TDS lobby
When on campus, log into printing using your KSC NetID and password and choose the location you would like to print to. At that kiosk, log in and print it out.
These stations are located in buildings that open at 7 a.m. Printing is also available in the Student Computing Cluster in the Mason Library. There is no cost to students for printing.
The IT Group HelpDesk provides support for all KSC technology including:
- Office 365
- Wireless network
- Anti-virus software and more