Skip Navigation

Resources for Adult Students

  1. ID
  2. Parking
  3. Academic Resources
  4. Department Chairs and Program Coordinators
  5. MyKSC
  6. Canvas
  7. Food on Campus
  8. Housing
  9. Jobs
  10. Recreation Center
  11. Books


All new students need to get an ID, which at Keene State is called the Owl Card. The card gives students access to the Recreation Center, library materials, Dining Commons (if you have a meal plan), and most residence halls for residential students. Full-time students can get their card from the ID office in the lobby of the Dining Commons Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during the academic year, and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. or by appointment during the summer.


If you’ll be parking on campus, you’ll need to get a parking pass (residential students with fewer than 20 credits are not eligible for a parking pass). The parking office is located at 331 Main Street on the corner of Main Street and Wyman Way. Enter the building from the parking lot at the rear of the building – the parking office is on the 2nd floor.

Academic Resources

One of the best things about KSC is the number of academic resources that are available to our students. Whether you need help with writing, math, studying skills, test taking, or other skills, there’s an office that can give you a hand.

Department Chairs and Program Coordinators

Want to make contact with our faculty who work in a field that you’re interested in exploring?


MyKSC is your student web portal ¬– a single point of access for all student web services. Through MYKSC, you will have access to a wide range of tools including email, calendar, address books, task lists, file storage, transcripts, schedules, degree progress tracking, bill paying, class registration, electronic library resources, and on-line book ordering. Every full-time student has a MyKSC account. You will receive a letter with your NetID and MyKSC email address information. At that time, you will have the ability to access your MyKSC account. Be sure to check your MyKSC account often as this is the primary communication channel used by faculty and administrative staff to keep you informed about course registration, tuition bills, and other official notices. Call the HelpDesk, 603-358-2532, if you have problems accessing your MyKSC account.


Canvas is a web-based classroom software application widely used by faculty to engage students in the learning process. Canvas allows you to move easily between courses and to work productively with your faculty and classmates.

Food on Campus

Food is available at several locations on campus. You can purchase a meal plan or buy individual meals on a single cash basis at the Dining Commons. Meals for take-out are available for cash or by using a meal plan at the Hoot-n-Scoot, located on the northeast corner of the Dining Commons. In the Student Center, you can find food at Lloyd’s Marketplace, Bean and Bagel Express, the Night Owl Café, or the Owl’s Nest convenience store.


If you’re interested in campus housing, contact Mandy Martin, assistant director for Housing Operations (603-358-2339),, to see if there are any available spaces appropriate to your needs.


Local, regional, and national companies and organizations, as well as private families wish to recruit you for various openings. These range from part-time positions for pay while you are in school; summer jobs for either experience or pay; internships related to your field of study (paid and unpaid); as well as career opportunities when you are ready to graduate.

Recreation Center

Need to work out? Want to join a recreation team?


The campus bookstore is located on the first floor of the Student Center. The staff can help you find the books your faculty have ordered and make sure you get the version or edition the faculty require for their course. Take a copy of your schedule and the staff will help you get everything you need.