- The Keene State College Music Department is made up of 85 music majors and over 8 music minors.
- The music faculty consists of 9 full-time professors and over 30 specialized lecturers and adjunct instructors.
- Keene State is the only liberal arts institution in northern New England to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The College is also accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- The Music Department has one of the largest and most active collegiate chapters of the National Association for Music Educators (NAfME), and it has received numerous national, regional, and campus awards. Students also participate in collegiate chapters of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and American Choral Directors Association (ACDA).
- Each year, the Music Department inducts its top academic students into the Kappa Pi Chapter of Pi Kappa Lambda, the National Music Honor Society.
- The Music Department presents more than 75 public concerts, clinics, workshops, master classes, and recitals each year.
- Keene State College music graduates have successful careers in music education, performance, technology, and composition and have completed graduate study at some of the most prestigious universities, schools of music, and conservatories in the country.
The Redfern Arts Center features the superb Alumni Recital Hall, two theatres, technology-enhanced practice facilities, rehearsal rooms, media-enhanced classrooms, a dance studio, and the Music Technology Instruction Lab.