Copyright and Fair Use in Teaching
Do you need to make your personal copies (books, articles, CDs and DVDs) or library owned circulating materials available for students to use in the library? Fill out the Course Reserves form download here and bring it with your item to the Circulation desk. See the Library’s Policies page for further information on Course Reserves.
How to Schedule a Room/Space
You can schedule library spaces using 25Live. Our labs/classroom spaces are not reservable more than a week in advance, but our meeting rooms can be scheduled any time. Please refer to the library hours to make sure the library is open during the time requested.
While Mason Library contains and provides access to a wide array of resources to support faculty scholarship, sometimes we need to borrow materials from another library. Fill out the Interlibrary Loan request form and we will do our best to get you what you need. For information on how to make a request either check the FAQ: How do I make an Interlibrary Loan request or contact the Interlibrary Loan office by phone (603-358-2715) or e-mail email@example.com.
Research & Information Literacy Services
Meet with a librarian to plan the support your students will need for their projects and course work. Contact Elizabeth Dolinger, Information Literacy Librariand firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Writing Handouts, Guides, Videos
- Handouts & Videos: http://library.keene.edu/researchandwriting - create your own customized booklet; download or link to individual handouts and videos.
- Subject & Course Research Guides - provide link to the relevant guide to students; add to your Canvas page.
- Research & Writing Booklet - Can be ordered in print @ KSC printing office, Redball for $4.00. Or download or provide link in Canvas.
Research Instruction Sessions: Request form here:
Peer-to-peer Research Help - Student Library Research Fellows provide peer-to-peer research help in courses, small groups, and one-on-one meetings; they also do basic database demonstrations/workshops. Contact Elizabeth Dolinger, edolinger@keene to arrange for a student Library Research Fellow to work with your class.
Research Skills Modules available in Canvas Commons - Import modules directly from Canvas Commons
- Using Library Databases
- Basic Information Evaluation
Primary Sources & Using the Archives for classes
- The archives house materials related to Social Justice, Civil Rights, Women’s History, Modern Poetry, Holocaust Studies, New Hampshire History, and Indigenous Studies (Orang Asli).
Research sessions that instruct students on how to use and research primary source materials can be arranged by contacting Rodney Obien, Archivist and Special Collections Librarian email@example.com (603)358-2717
- Research Consultations: One-on-one or small group help for students and faculty working on research and preparing literature reviews. Request from http://www.keene.edu/academics/library/about/consultations/
Suggest a Book (or Other Media) for Purchase
Overall responsibility for the selection, development, and maintenance of the collection rests with the library faculty, who are familiar with appropriate selection tools and the specific informational needs of library users.
For all your library collection, resource, and policy needs, please contact Amanda Scull Assistant Professor and Collection Development Librarian. Requests are evaluated according to the Library’s Collection Development Policy.