Welcome to Mason Library!
Mason Library Mission
Keene State College’s Mason Library meets diverse academic needs and supports the College’s mission of academic excellence by providing information literacy instruction and resources to facilitate learning.
Mason Library’s vision is to achieve excellence in the following:
Mason Library partners with the campus community to prepare citizens ready to engage in the world. The Library is a knowledge center where students learn information literacy skills that empower them to navigate a rapidly changing environment. The Library offers a welcoming space at the heart of the intellectual endeavor, integrating materials, technology, place, and teaching in the tradition of a public liberal arts institution.
Mason Library is committed to:
- Access to information
- Effective instruction
- Students learning to find, evaluate, and use information in a meaningful and ethical way
- Collaborating with individual faculty, departments, and schools to provide curricular support
- Developing collections that support the curriculum
- Appropriate technologies to meet diverse learning needs
- Contributing to campus life
- Preservation of college history and culturally significant collections
- Creating a variety of welcoming spaces to facilitate discovery and learning
- Partnerships with the greater Keene community.
Mason Library Maps
The Mason Library Annual Lecture
The Mason Library Lecture, started in 1989 with Library Director Paul Vincent, serves to support, encourage, collect, and disseminate scholarship at Keene State. The purpose of this lecture is to bring to campus scholars whose works or publications have contributed significantly to the disciplines in which they specialize. The lecture series seeks to provide students with learning opportunities outside the classroom and to contribute to the academic life of the campus community. Read More
For data about the Mason Library’s holding and usage : Factbook 2016