The Washington Center
KSC students can spend a semester (or summer) in Washington, D.C. undertaking a full time, credit-bearing program that includes an intensive internship in an organization or agency related to their field of interest combined with guided classroom work and courses.
Under the auspices of The Washington Center, approximately 400 students each semester (30% from outside of the United States) live, work and study in our nation’s capital.
The semester program consists of:
- An internship in a professional environment as members of the staff (4 to 4 ½ days per week/8 credits);
- Academic course (multiple offerings to choose from – 4 credits);
- Internship and Experiential Learning Module (4 credits)
KSC students have been placed in full-time professional internships with the Democratic National Party, the Audubon Society, Slavery No More headquarters, the University of Chicago Office of Federal Relations and the Office of the Attorney General, among others. Students with all areas of interest and study can pursue professionally relevant internship-for-credit placements on this program.
Students are housed in a Living/Learning community near Capital Hill. They are responsible for their own meals.
2.75 GPA required
- Where to Study?
- Keene State offers study away programs in 25 countries
- Financial Fact
- KSC students' financial aid can be used to study away
- Visitors from Abroad
- Every semester, KSC hosts exchange students from our partner universities in the US and internationally