Where are we now?
- On line rideshare program for Faculty/Staff erideshare
- Participation in community bike path projects
- Campus Shuttle integral to HHHC city-wide bus system (1000's of riders each year)
- Biodiesel used in all diesel vehicles (and equipment) on campus
- Active Green Bike program (800 rentals in 2010 school year)
- Bike/bike trailer use by Recycling, Gardening, Electrical and Campus Safety staffs
- Multiple GEM (electric) cars used by Athletics, Grounsd, Alumni, Campus Safety, Residential Life
- Expanded walking trails
- Right sizing of vehicles for intended use
- Multiple bus stop shelters throughout campus and at satellite parking areas
Where do we want to be?
- Continue to decrease dependence on fossil fuel powered vehicles for campus trades people and safety officers
- Transportation related student initiatives (GPS identification of off campus student living clusters, etc.)
- Reduced need for parking by encouraging more walking/biking and rideshare participation
- Covered bike parking
- Increased number of bus stops with bike parking
- Increased student access to bikes and bike repairs through the Green Bikes program
- Shared car program (e.g. Zip Cars)
How do we get there?
- Further incentives for biking and walking to work from home or from satellite parking areas
- Continued collaboration with HHHC
- Continued participation in the regional Transportation Management Authority (TMA) group
- Continued collaboration with helath and wellness programs