Where are we now?
- 100% post comsumer paper in campus copiers
- Tissue, towel and napkins with 35-65% post-consumer recycled content
- Regular surplus and salvage sales
- Contract language that encourages vendors and contractors to: "include as part of your bid any pertinent information in reference to any sustainable practices
of your company, if applicable."
- Campus Building Standards
Where do we want to be?
- Development of total Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Program
- Use of BEES (Building for Economic and Environmental Sustainability) to measure environmental
performance of building products
- Improve packaging take-back requirements
- New copier program to increase functionality while reducing costs and waste
How do we get there?
- Incorporate state and federal guidelines in all contracts
- Recycled content specifications included or increased where possible
- Consultant, contractor, professional service and vendor agreements include Sustainability as a guidling value
- Review guidelines from other states and trade organizations for useful Best Practices