The Payroll Office is responsible for performing payroll processing activities, in compliance with federal, state, and University System of New Hampshire laws, regulations, and policies. The primary person responsible for overseeing Payroll is the payroll coordinator in Fiske Annex office #034, who can be reached at 358-2482.
- Pay Dates Information
- General Employee Information
- Electronic Hourly Time Sheet Information
Pay Dates Information
- B1 Hourly Pay-Cycle 2015 (January – December) – Generally, Salaried Employees
- B2 Hourly Pay-Cycle 2015 (January – December) – Generally, Operating Staff, Complementary Hourly, and Student Employees
General Employee Information
Helpful Links for all Employees
- Direct Deposit Net Amount Authorization (Pay that is sent to a single bank account)
- Direct Deposit Fixed Amount Authorization (Pay that is sent to multiple bank accounts)
- USNH WISE (Web Information System for Employees) Introductory Information Sheet
- USNH WISE site
- USNH Gateway site (for VPN)
- Current W-4 form from the IRS
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form from USCIS
Username and Password Information
Usernames and Passwords: If you do not know your username, find it here. Enter your USNH ID and birthday and follow the prompts on the screen. If you know your username, but have forgotten your password or have found that it no longer works, reset your password here. Enter your ECG VPN/AD username, USNH ID, and birthday, then follow the prompts on the screen.
Lunch or Eating Period (RSA 276:30)
An employer may not require an employee to work more than five consecutive hours without granting him/her a 30-minute lunch or eating period, except if it is feasible for the employee to eat during the performance of his/her work and the employer permits him/her to do so. Request to Waive lunch or eating period form
Required Pay (RSA 275:43)
“On any day an employee reports to work at an employer’s request, he/she shall be paid not less than two hours’ pay at his/her regular rate of pay … provided further that no employer who makes a good faith effort to notify an employee not to report to work shall be liable to pay wages under this section. However, if the employee reports to work after the employer’s attempt to notify him/her has been unsuccessful or if the employer is prevented from making notification for any reason, the employee shall perform whatever duties are assigned by the employer at the time the employee reports to work”. Notice of Expected Work Schedule.
Electronic Hourly Time Sheet Information
Web Time Entry (WTE) is a web-based application that collects time and attendance information for Complimentary/ Hourly Employees and Operating Staff who report hours worked, plus earned time, etc. After approval by supervisors, the information is processed for payment by the Payroll Office located in Fiske Annex #034. Telephone 603-358-2482.
Helpful Links for Time Sheet Info and Processing
- Introduction to Web Time Entry – A guide to using and understanding Web Time Entry
- Web Time Entry Quick Reference Guide for Operating Staff
- Web Time Entry Quick Reference Guide for Non-Status Complementary Hourly Staff/Student Employees
- KSC Web Time Entry Quick Reference Guide for Select Earn and Shift Codes
- KSC Web Time Entry Quick Reference Guide for Approvers and Proxies – Supervisors approve timesheets and have designated proxies to help ensure that each employee’s timesheet can flow through the approval process seamlessly.
- Recording Holiday and Curtailed Operations Hours
- How to Enter Retro Hours from a Prior Pay Period in WTE
The employee WTE submission preferred deadline is 9 a.m. on Time Entry Mondays (or other day designated for Time Entry due to holiday or campus closings).
This means that employees should have their hours Submitted for Approval by the 9 a.m. deadline. However, 2:30 p.m. on Time Entry Monday is a “Hard Deadline,” which means that employees will not be able to update or submit their time record after 2:30 p.m.
Please note that this impacts WTE submissions returned to employees for correction after 2:30 p.m. Any submissions returned to an employee for correction after the 2:30 p.m. deadline CANNOT be resubmitted by the employee. Instead, assistance from the Payroll Office will be required for resubmission of the returned time sheet.
If an approver changes an employee’s time submission after the 2:30 p.m. deadline, the approver is required to communicate the change to the employee, and the employee must acknowledge acceptance of the change. This communication must be cc copied to the payroll coordinator (Jim Tuttle) and retained in the payroll files for at least four years to ensure compliance with the state’s payroll and record keeping requirements (NH State Regulation Lab 803.03.f.2) for automated time-keeping systems.
Supervisors placing approvals on timesheets should keep in mind that the payroll office is open until 4:30 p.m. and will want to place their approvals prior to the 3 p.m. preferred approval deadline so that they can get assistance from the Payroll Office if needed.
The “Hard Deadline” for approving is 9 p.m. After this hard deadline, approvers will not be able to place approvals and will need to seek assistance from the Payroll Office.