Universidad San Francisco de Quito
Keene State College has an exchange with the Universidad San Francisco de Quito. USFQ is the premier private university in Ecuador and is known for its innovative programs and supportive environment. Founded less than two decades ago, it has emerged as a leader in Ecuadorian higher education. Many of the top Ecuadorian political figures and national leaders have attended and/or taught at USFQ.
- Universidad San Francisco is located in a valley in the outskirts of Quito, the Ecuadorian capital. Declared a Patrimony of Humanity by UNESCO, Quito is a majestic city with many colonial buildings as well as modern businesses framed by Mount Pichincha at 2,800 in the backdrop. It has a multiethnic population of one and a half million. Quito is located very close to the equator, but due to the altitude the city is known as the city of eternal spring, because it never gets too hot or too cold. From Quito, it is possible to travel to the Pacific Ocean, which is tropical, or the Amazonian Rain Forest easily.
- Dr. Ana Estrella serves as the KSC Program Coordinator at USFQ-Cumbaya. Dr. Estrella has a doctorate in Spanish linguistics and currently teaches at USFQ. She spent a year at Keene State College teaching Spanish literature in translation during 2009-2010. She provides support to KSC students participating in the exchange program, along with the strong support of the International Office at USFQ.
- Homestays with Ecuadorian families
Language of Instruction
- Minimum of two years of College level Spanish or the equivalent. GPA of 2.75 or higher. This program is approved by the Modern Language Department for SP 350.
- As a bi-lateral exchange program, KSC students pay the same tuition, fees, room and board as they would for a semester at KSC, making this program a good value.