For Faculty Members
The Global Education Office (GEO) works with faculty in a variety of ways to support global academic learning experiences and international education at Keene State College. These include:
- Being a resource for faculty interested in developing an international faculty-led program and engaging in other types of international education activities and exchanges. GEO offers periodic training sessions on developing and leading faculty-led programs. Individual meetings are also available with GEO Director Dr. Skye Stephenson on topics related to program design, institutional agreements, logistical support, and brainstorming possibilities and options.
- Serving as the receiving and processing office for "International Academic Program" proposal packets, per the KSC International Credit Courses and Programs Approval Policy and Process. The proposal packets need to be submitted at least six months before the proposed international academic faculty-led trip is to take place.
- Providing cross-cultural and international health information and support for KSC faculty-led courses.
- Compiling critical information and being the campus point office for contact information and other relevant information related to KSC faculty-led international academic courses.
- Issuing international health and travel insurance, which is required for all participants in KSC international academic faculty led courses, programs, and independent study projects. KSC full time faculty and administrators have access to "Travel Assistance," as one feature of the Life/AD&D coverage. For more information, see www.usnh.edu/hr/benefits/lltd.html.
- Administering the Class of '39 fund, which provides funding for faculty and other KSC community members to bring international lecturers to campus.
- Providing classroom visits to discuss study away, global learning and cross cultural adjustment in classrooms and student organizations. Classroom Visit Request Form.
- Providing visa and other immigration support for J-1 and F-1 international faculty and students at KSC.